Need help with my nos! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help with my nos!
Saturday, August 12, 2006 5:24 AM
Hey I'm new here and I'm in quite a bind.

I ordered the zex dry kit for my car 01 Cavalier. I installed it and I can't seem to get it to make a difference. I installed the little injector under the hood right by the passanger side wiper...I got to the starting line and pressed the button until the nitrous sprayed out from under the hood, then stopped and staged. It didn't make a difference at all even though it says it will get me 75 hp.

Should I move the nitrous injector so that it's a little close to the air box?I always thought the injector needed to be by the windsheild so that it will spray nitrous into the air, but I guess not. My buddy said that as long as I hold the button for at least 3 seconds before I stage, there will be enough nitrous under the hood for a full 1/4 mile pass. I don't know though it seems like the nitrous just sprays into the air, and there isn't enough left under the hood to get sucked into the air filter.

Do you think a cowl hood will be an improvement since it can hold more nitrous under it than my stock flat hood? I see alot of mustangs and camaros doing that and it looks like it makes since because there's more room.

Thanks in advance guys.

Re: Need help with my nos!
Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:37 AM
are you kindding or are you serious.... you are just spraying it under the hood.... I know you are kidding, it's gotta go into the intake.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:05 AM
dont tell him, he might ACTUALLY blow himslef up.........no wait,.......spray a 100 shot right into the #1 cyl.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:10 PM
Why would I be kidding about having nitrous on my car? But I do just spray it under the hood just like a whole bunch of cars I see at the dragstrip do...What's the problem with that?
Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:28 PM
dude its supposed to spray into your intake tube or throttle body or intake manifold, WHILE you are going down the track the only reason you would vent the nitrous to the atmosphere or under your hood would be to purge the line....... did you even read the intstructions that came with the kit???? lol

Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:03 PM
first of all its called nitrous not NOS!!!! i think on that one you watched fast and furious to much

secondly what you are doing and what you see the other cars doing at the track is purging. it clears the NITROUS line of air so only NITROUS can be sprayed into the intake.
its supposed to be set up something like this:

see how the NITROUS goes into the intake, then the engine so it can make a difference?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:29 PM
I think he's just some guy trying to get a laugh out of this! Who buys nitrous KNOWING it can blow an engine and not do enough research to know how to install it. If he can get it to where it can spray properly, I'm sure he would know to put it into the intake!

Get a life

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:57 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:I think he's just some guy trying to get a laugh out of this! Who buys nitrous KNOWING it can blow an engine and not do enough research to know how to install it. If he can get it to where it can spray properly, I'm sure he would know to put it into the intake!

Get a life

I got a good laugh!!! LOL
Saturday, August 12, 2006 5:18 PM
lol wow. If I could actually find a reason to take you serious it would probably piss me off more then make me laugh. But, since it HAS to be a joke....I guess its pretty funny.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:36 PM
cavmania wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

O and yea, all your smilies were off center! I made them better

I dunno, just adding to the waisted bandwidth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:37 PM

Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:39 PM
Holy @!#$ hahahaha

Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:22 PM
oh @!#$ I forgot. You need an open flame under the hood. That way the NOS breaks down faster and sucks right into your intake. thats the peice of the equation your missing.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:34 PM
^^I've always wanted to know! Why do you like your sig so small? lmao

just still waisting bandwidth

Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:02 AM
Why would you want to spray it into the intake directly...That's just dumb...You guys are trying to get me to blow up my motor.

Did you ever see how much comes out when you hit the nos? If you sprayed all that into the motor it would blow up.

I seen how cars do it and they just spray it under the hood and then the engine sucks in the nitrous and oxygen from the air under the hood.
Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:36 AM
apprently you are a noob and a tool, and dont know how to read. Again, it is Nitrous, not NOS, NOS is a brand like Band-Aid. You do spray the nitrous into your motor, spraying it under the hood doesnt do @!#$ except waste it into the atmosphere. SEARCH on here for NITROUS, and see what others are doing.. as for how much sprays out, you should see what a fuel injector sprays out, i bet you didnt even follow the directions! You ask, we tell you, and you're still dumb about it, please step away from your car, and give the keys to someone else.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:10 AM
Haha...I would give the car away if I owned a ghey body.
Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:01 AM
he joined yestreday. either he is messing with us. or he is really dumb

Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:16 AM
Project beaver eater?

Tell the bitch to shave...
Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:44 AM
John Toughy wrote:Project beaver eater?

Tell the bitch to shave...

LMAO! you dont even know what that refers too. and its not that kind of beaver

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:09 AM
Im just giving you guys a hard time that's all.

I know just a lil bit about spray...I'm currently spraing 300 through my motor...It's fun.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:34 AM
Oooookkk!! Now would be a good time to get back to reality!!!!

Sunday, August 13, 2006 9:09 AM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:^^I've always wanted to know! Why do you like your sig so small? lmao

just still waisting bandwidth

lol. Ya I've been meaning to make a new one, maybe I'll have somebody do it for me today.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 9:22 AM
John Toughy wrote:Im just giving you guys a hard time that's all.

I know just a lil bit about spray...I'm currently spraing 300 through my motor...It's fun.
Through your motor or ON your motor

Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:56 AM
lmao

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search