eco specific fuel upgrades - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
eco specific fuel upgrades
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:29 PM
im basically asking what should i plan to upgrade first if im running a 75 wet and NGK Tr6 plugs? ive got a very limited budget for over the winter..cause i had to blow most of my money on rebuilding the engine. I know in the faqs they mention fuel pumps that are direct bolt ons but are they specific to my car? Should i be looking tords more inreasing my igntion more then my fuel quantity?

Re: eco specific fuel upgrades
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:45 PM
Have you considered running NGK Iridium plugs? The LTR6ix-11 is is a plug of the same heat range as the TR6 except it is the correct length and it is iridium. The TR6's are too short, which I don't imagine is a good thing. Also, the iridium plugs should provide a stronger spark than the TR6's (cheap ignition upgrade!). I'm running the LTR5ix-11's right now, which are the same thing except one heat range hotter because I don't have spray. I haven't heard of anyone who has tried these plugs with spray yet, but I don't understand why. All I did was call NGK and ask them for a good plug for nitrous usage that was one heat range colder for an Eco and they recommended the LTR6ix-11. Well, you may want to look into it further before you try them but it certainly seemed like a good idea to me.
Re: eco specific fuel upgrades
Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:44 AM
2 things to think about.

1. Do the fuel pump upgrade. The one I wrote is in the faq or library, its the one thats gives part numbers and vehicle applications. No point in blowing up a motor when it looses fuel pressure at high RPM, runs lean, and roasts the motor.

2. I dont know what the tips of your spark plugs look like, but google up Side gapping for spark plugs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search