micro switch - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
micro switch
Thursday, February 01, 2007 3:14 PM
getting around to mounting my micro switch on my eco but can think of where to put it easily. where are people mounting them??

Re: micro switch
Friday, February 02, 2007 6:31 AM
I have been wondering the same thing myself, I believe the best place would probably be either on a custom bracket attached to the the throttle body so that when your at WOT it just hits the switch, or maybe under your gas pedal somewhere. either way it's probably going to require you to make a bracket which isn't too hard IMO.

Friday, February 02, 2007 9:14 AM
ahhh for a split second i wasnt realizing what you were talking about. I installed my micro switch under my gas pedal. It takes a little fidgeting and trail and error but you wanna install it so that just when your pedal hits the floor... it touchs and engages the switch. Was a little bit of a pain with all the carpet thats down there... but it worked. And I love it that the switch is like that cause I can have the system armed and not worry about anything unless i decide to mash it. =) Doesnt get in the way of daily driving either, and until i actually explain to people what and where it is, nobody notices it either... lol

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Friday, February 02, 2007 1:54 PM
Most kits come with a bracket that you can bend all over the place but i made my own placed on the throttle body,works great

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, February 02, 2007 2:06 PM
i placed mine on the throttle body. worked great too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:52 PM
Someone have a picture where they put it on the TB on the 2.4L?
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:58 AM
TB is the correct place to put it; be patient and you'll be able to mount it just right.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:28 AM
I was planning on doing it on the TB since it seems the safest. But I looked and can not figure out a good place that it can mount.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:17 PM
TB here to, that's where it should go.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:09 AM
AtomicX wrote:I was planning on doing it on the TB since it seems the safest. But I looked and can not figure out a good place that it can mount.

Filling out your profile would make it easier for us to help you. But judging by your other post, I'd guess you have a 2.4L.

From what I can see in pictures, I'd focus on the intake manifold, alternator or cruise control as potential mounting points. I'm not crazy about the alternator, though, just so you know. Something in the cruise control area might be your best bet.

Don't forget...you're going to have to custom-make this bracket to the car. Chances are slim-to-none that it'll fit perfectly directly out of the box.

Monday, November 09, 2009 3:34 PM
He said "my eco" in the first post^^

What I did was take the TB cable plastic cover off and put a bolt and nut there to bend the bracket they give you to get the micro switch in the correct position to activate when the throttle hits WOT. If you place it just right, the tab that normally holds the cruise cable works great for hitting the micro switch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search