blow down tube ? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blow down tube ?
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:02 AM
hello there kinda new to this nitrous stuff just trying to get some info before putting my system in i was wondering do i need a blow down tube on a 35 to 50 shot setup and how many people have blowdown tube on there set ups thanks

Re: blow down tube ?
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:52 AM
blow down tubes are a safety device. some tracks require you to have one no matter where your bottle is mounted at. some only require it if yours is in the passenger compartment. incase the bottle pressure gets to high it has a safety disk that bursts and releaes all the gas. the blow down tube directs the gas out of your car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:31 AM
yes i understand what it is and does i was more wondering is it worth my time to install one with my small setup and how many other people are running one thanks for the info though
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:41 AM
like he stated some tracks require them, it sounds like a very good idea to have regardless if you need it or not, I'd put it in, just to be safe

Go Premium, it builds character!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:53 AM
a blow down tube has nothing to do with what shot you are running. like i said, some track require one, some dont. find out if yours require it or not

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 01, 2007 10:42 PM
99redz24 wrote:a blow down tube has nothing to do with what shot you are running. like i said, some track require one, some dont. find out if yours require it or not

X2

it doesn't matter if your running a 35 dry shot, or a direct port progressive controled 300+ shot or a full nitrous botle without any of the kit itself installed the blow down tube has the exact same function. The type of kit or the size of the shot has no affect on it, if the pressure is to high the relief on the bottle will blow out and it will empty itself right out of its neck.... the blow down tube connects to that and runs outside the car. nitrous sold for automotive purposes has additives (I want to say sulfer is the main one) that are added to keep people from breething it in, if you do you will get very very sick very very fast. All the blow down tube does is makes sure of the bottle pressure gets dangerously high it will vent it outside the car. The kit has nothing to do with it, its strictly safety.

Friday, March 02, 2007 5:24 AM
thanks for the info guys but not trying to be an ass but no one has answered my question i completly understand what is does thats not what i asked ok i get the shot doesnt make a difference and the tracks around here dont require that i have it i was just wondering who runs them on there set up because most the pics i see dont have them unless its like a really big bottle if its worth spending money on not to blow my bottle up i will do it if its not very likely for that to ever happen i will not waste my time thanks
Friday, March 02, 2007 6:25 AM
gene simmons wrote: if its worth spending money on not to blow my bottle up i will do it if its not very likely for that to ever happen i will not waste my time thanks

your bottle will not blow up either way, a little check valve kinda thing will shot off and the tanks will drain where ever it is, tis will happn with or without the valve.

me personally, I've never used one or seen one used except by people big into drag racing

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:26 AM
thank you darkstars thats the kinda answer i was looking for very helpful thanks again
Friday, March 02, 2007 7:58 AM
You should always run one and with a pressure disk adapter but I always put safety first.

The pressure disk will rupture venting nitrous out of the bottle before the pressure in the bottle reaches the rupture point, and the blow down tube vents the nitrous outside of the car.

There was a picture floating around of what happens when a nitrous bottle does when it explodes... think of your car looking like a sealed can of soup put into the microwave for an hour.

Built, bottled, ready for 11s. 14.446@93.74mph, 1.848 60' N/A.
Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:30 AM
It's a good idea to run a blown down tube, whether the bottle's baking in the trunk or mounted in air conditioned comfort in the cab near you.

a pic per your request.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:44 AM
the grade of n20 used in this application is actually extremely toxic. you couldn't get me to install a kit without a blowdown tube.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, March 04, 2007 6:44 PM
thanks for all the info and pics guys
Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:09 AM
I don't have one. I'm going to install one because my bottle is now a foot away from me. It is not needed if your careful. The only time I had extremly high pressure was after a fresh refill when it was over 100 (very close) and my car was in the sun all day. Even then I was still ok. However I have seen a bottle over pressure twice. One blew becuase the guy left his ghetto rigged heater on and he was heating it with a blow tourch earlier. his was mounted on the floor behind the drivers seat. When the disk blew out he broke his sunroof (all the doors were closed and windows up, that much pressure that quick). second time was at the track someone's burst, they had a blow down tube and everything was fine.

Do what you want just know that yes it can happen just unlikley.

Winks Online Click Here

Monday, March 12, 2007 4:28 AM
thanks for the info i think im gonna spend a little more money and put it on thanks guys
Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:55 AM
I had one on my setup, but my tank was in my passenger compartment.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:13 PM
wow i thought i was the only person to do that on here. yours looked even better then mine did. the only diffence was my sub fired into the cabin. that plexiglass setup looks hella nice instead.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:28 PM
the lemur wrote:wow i thought i was the only person to do that on here. yours looked even better then mine did. the only diffence was my sub fired into the cabin. that plexiglass setup looks hella nice instead.

Sounds pretty close to what I'm doing I just don't have back seats.

Winks Online Click Here

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search