100 shot question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
100 shot question
Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:26 PM
hey, is there any company out there that makes a 100 shot dry system for the 2.4? Ive been looking around and the most ive seen is the 75 shot from NX. And also i have used the search button and all i can find info on is 100 shots that are a wet kit. I would kind of like to run a dry shot, but if theres no company that makes a 100 shot, i guess ill have to use a wet system and jet it to a 100 shot. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/bruski/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg

Re: 100 shot question
Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:46 PM
1- NX only makes wet kits

2- you DO NOT want to run a 100 dry shot, that is a very bad idea

3- every kit has jets, which means any kit can be a 100 shot

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:06 AM
Yea running a dry shot in the upwards of 100 is just asking for a problem... IMO get a nx wet kit or a similar wet kit and just buy the correct jets for the 100 shot. Much safer and reliable.... just dont wanna see another J go down in flames over a problem with n2o =-x

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Friday, March 02, 2007 9:34 AM
i reccomend going direct port on a shot like that for safety reasons

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:20 PM
woops, sorry, i was thinking of the edelbrock system that is dry, not NX. my bad. But anyways ill probly just end up going with a wet system. Ive been reading up on nitrous alot and am still new to it so i want a system that i can start small, something like a 50 shot, and then move it up to a 100 shot later on. As far as i can see, a dry system is only good up to about 60 hp or something like that, and isnt very adjustable. Anyways, thanks for the help.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/bruski/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg
Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:47 PM
Bruski wrote:woops, sorry, i was thinking of the edelbrock system that is dry, not NX. my bad. But anyways ill probly just end up going with a wet system. Ive been reading up on nitrous alot and am still new to it so i want a system that i can start small, something like a 50 shot, and then move it up to a 100 shot later on. As far as i can see, a dry system is only good up to about 60 hp or something like that, and isnt very adjustable. Anyways, thanks for the help.

where ever your reading up you may want to find a different source for your info....... the ONLY difference bewteen a wet shot and is dry shot is how the engine gets fuel to keep the proper air fuel ratio while running nitrous.

A dry shot (simplified) is a bottle, a line, a solinoid, and a nozzle. The solinoid opens and the nitrous sprays out the nozzle into the engine. A dry shot is just nitrous.... once you start spraying the car says oh @!#$ were going lean lets add some fuel before we blow up. The car is on its own to figure out how much and how to add enough fuel to offset the nitrous and keep the air fuel ratios safe.

A wet shot is the exact same thing as a dry shot but it also has a line and solinoid for the fuel and the nozzle is different, it is y shaped with two input stops. With this system when you want to spray both solinoids open at the same time nitrous flows through and at the same time fuel flows through and they get sprayed together out of the nozzle as a mist of nitrous and fuel.

There is also a dirrect port kit which is the most expensive and easily the best setup, its preaty much a wet kit for each cylinder mounted int in the intake manifold aimed straight into the head.

The wet kit is better/safer becasue it adds the required amount of fuel all the time, unlike the dry shot which leaves the car to figure out the fuel on its own. But safer doesn't mean safe.... nitrous is only as safe as you make it... an arming switch, a full throttle switch, a botle heater, a RPM window switch, a fuel pressure cutoff safety, a wideband 02, high octane gas, colder heat range non platnum spark plugs, the timing properly retarded and even double the solinoids will all result in a super super safe system. That wont stop an engine from phsyically being to weak to handle nitrous but the nitrous setup itself will preaty much be fool proof.

both are extremely adjustable, its as simple as changing the jet.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:17 PM
dark wins

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search