Need little help - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need little help
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 7:40 PM
Hi, i'm new in Nitrous Oxide, I'm looking for putting a ZEX wet kit with 55shot on my 2000 Cavy 2.4 5 spd. with 60 000miles on it. My mods are header, hi-flow cat, muffler on stock exhaust piping, short ram, motor mounts... so basically bolt-ons. From what I heard, its a safe size of shot with a good installation. After a couples of search in the forum, here is what I think i need.. : TR6 spark plugs, running 91 oct. gas, no timing retard, bottle heater, a window switch, purge kit.
To connect fuel line, I have to cut the high pressure fuel line and put a Tee?? I don't need to check my fuel pressure because I have a wet kit??
All that I have write is right??

If I want to spray 75 shot sometimes, if I put 94 oct. gas, am I safe without timing retard??

Before installation, is it better to check compression on cylinders??

Please give me advice or tips!

Thanks

Re: Need little help
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:35 AM
It does not matter if u run a wet or a dry kit u should check your fuel pressure. You'll need NGK TR6 plugs, 89 oct gas, and a good install. You won't need a window switch and as far as a bottle heater and purge kit go they are good to have, and no need to retard the timing unless you are gonna spray 75 all the time.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:35 AM
From what I have read you do not have to retard timing for a 75 shot and a wet kit would be safer than a dry.You don't need NGK specificially but that is a good brand,you can go with any non-platinum, one-step colder plug.Bottle heater is a must,although there are cheaper alternatives if your short on cash,I myself run two heating pads without the auto-shutoff hooked up to an inverter you can buy at Wal-mart for $10.It heats up quick.Purge kit is a good idea but not totally necessary.Also get a n2o pressure gauge,either on the bottle or run one in a gauge pod.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:46 PM
Ok, Thanks! I will use premium 91 oct. gas (Canada) and it's gonna be okay with the 55 shot.

I have a good price on a used Zex wet kit with only 5 bottles. Is it a good idea to buy a used kit?? Any things I need to verify before buying it, such as solenoids... any wear signs to look??

Thanks
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:26 PM
I bought my Edelbrock kit used and the solenoids lasted about a year before I had to change them,but they were the old style with rubber seals and not Teflon and yes a 55 shot with premium is fine.Just ask the previous owner if he ever had any problems and what all are you getting with the kit?

Thursday, April 05, 2007 3:12 PM
Thanks for the help BIGGSZ24 !!
Thursday, April 05, 2007 5:06 PM
no problem,I myself am always learning more about nitrous

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search