2200 turbo/worth it? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 turbo/worth it?
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:20 PM
Ok guys i wanna have alittle fun and race some civics and integras out here in NYC. ive beaten plenty of stock but would it be worth it to install a turbo on a 2200? pushrod engine with power? i dont know

Can we really get any real power out of this engine or is it just a big JOKE?seriously.
And if i can get power out of it what mods should i make to play it safe?

Re: 2200 turbo/worth it?
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:27 PM
Dont even reply to this i messed up and posted in the wrong forum.
Sunday, July 29, 2007 2:27 AM
ya well i got the 2.2 with a turbo and nitrous siting in the garage going to get pout in this weeks

My Car Domain/My My Space/Likemyride.com/Showmeyour.com
Monday, July 30, 2007 4:18 PM
since you got an automatic im not too sure if it would be worth it. its up to you bro if you want some extra hp go for it.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Monday, July 30, 2007 7:34 PM
I love the enthusiasm but no (to me it wouldnt be worth it, even in the best case scenario you'd be lucky to hang with an 06SI

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 13, 2007 11:05 PM
its worth it if you have the 7K its gonna cost u to do it right... and a new trans cuz unless u got money to rebuild that trans so it can handle the 140 extra hp, then ur golden.

2001 Ford F250 Superduty
7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
5" Turbo-Back Exhaust
XCal-2 With Tadds Tunes
Water/Methanol Injection
aFe Stage 2 Intake
Full Set of AutoMeter Gauges.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:24 AM
do it... just do a tranny swap too.

im going to be putting down 230-250 whp if all goes well. of course im piecing my turbo kit together. gotta look for those deals. the only thing to worry about is the tune.... make sure its tuned absolutely correct. and youll be golden.

if you feel like staying auto. shoot for 210 to 230 whp.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:19 PM
turbo 3-speed >> all

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:44 AM
luv my turbo on my 2200. dont listen to what they yapping about i luv it major difference. i just wouldnt plan on keeping it with stock internals for loing. im already garaging mine for the winter to rebuild the motor as we speak. and cheapest i foudn a "good" kit was the one i got for 3100

My Car Domain/My My Space/Likemyride.com/Showmeyour.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search