Whats the deal? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats the deal?
Monday, August 27, 2007 10:41 AM
Damn nitrous forum is dead, come on people start showing ur cars and setups and what you guys got going.

I just sold my kit, but I think new one is coming soon.

Re: Whats the deal?
Monday, August 27, 2007 11:54 AM
Same set-up, only running 50 after I overheated the engine and rebuilt it. Contemplating swapping an Eco and building it for nitrous since my friends is keeping up with or beating most boosted cars in the area with just a 75shot and mild engine work......

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:52 AM
Ok i thought you had an ld9 but i guess i was wrong. Yeah i would def go with an eco for nitrous.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:36 AM
I havent changed much of anything aside from putting new plugs in recently, definately nice having the pep back from new plugs. Need to get accessories and good tires so I can finally break the 13's I'm barely missing at the track

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:18 AM
i havent changed much at all except some colder plugs. im still running a 100 shot...been through about 20-25 bottles now. i cant really complain about my setup, im keeping up with most of the boosted/supercharged and N/A cars around..

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:44 PM
BlackCav04 wrote:i havent changed much at all except some colder plugs. im still running a 100 shot...been through about 20-25 bottles now. i cant really complain about my setup, im keeping up with most of the boosted/supercharged and N/A cars around..

I hope your pulling timing

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:25 PM
^^^ I was going to say the sme thing. 100 Shot is a lot for a 4 cyl car, I think max im gonna run is 75.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:15 PM
i just need to come up with the 40 bucks to fill my bottle and figure out how to wire and MSD DIS-2 up using the stock IDI cover and coil setup

after that i plan on trying out the 75 shot (currently jetted to a 55 shot on an nx wet kit )

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:39 AM
yea same here, I need to fill my bottle and go work on my times at the track since I've recently added my tranny mounts and the cold air intake. Soon gonna get my upper engine mount too which hopefully will help with everything along with the dc sports header i accumulated.... upgrades comin and times hopefully droppin real soon =D

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:00 AM
Grumpy McGrumpster(BIGGSZ24) wrote:
BlackCav04 wrote:i havent changed much at all except some colder plugs. im still running a 100 shot...been through about 20-25 bottles now. i cant really complain about my setup, im keeping up with most of the boosted/supercharged and N/A cars around..

nope not pulling any timing... with the 100 shot i see a/f around 10.0-10.8

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:33 AM
Well Not much is new with the cavi, I have an ignition issue where i'm not getting spark to the 1/4 coil, it's not the coil, icm, or wires I need to got throught he whole thing now to see if I got a short to ground somewhere or if something else is toast. Eventually I will print a trouble tree and trace the problem down.

But for the last 2months I've been all about my 1986 Caprice Coupe. I've gotten here back on the road and I'm driving that daily. I had to go to the pull a part to get a new vacume ball for the heater, and if I get off my ass today I will be installing my stereo from the cav into my box....but its really hot right now.

Not sure if i posted pics of how the nitrous kit looks like on the cav since the igntion took a dump but here is is.

The only other nitrous related stuff i've been doing lately is working on my buddies 383 96 s-10. we got all the bugs out and took that for a ride this weekend.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:26 AM
Looks good man, keep up the good work =D

Header's goin on the car today, woot! Can't wait to get some sound clips with it

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:40 PM
I'm just here to argue with protomec... apparently I'm a know nothing hillbilly redneck

I'm waiting for the local dyno shop to get power at their new shop so I can go hit the rollers again but I should have plenty of fuel and can finally get some good numbers and maybe finally get this damn car/motor sold.

The Bottle Bomb is getting parted out:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/47668/
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:22 PM
Now that looks wicked, great job on that setup bro! =D

Friday, August 31, 2007 11:38 AM
BlackCav04 wrote:
Grumpy McGrumpster(BIGGSZ24) wrote:

nope not pulling any timing... with the 100 shot i see a/f around 10.0-10.8

Damn thats rich as hell.
Friday, August 31, 2007 9:07 PM
Yeah i love my wideband

thats why im not worried and if it does go boom ill just rebuild it stonger

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search