fuel puddling - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel puddling
Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:45 PM
Ok, so i have a 2004 Sunfire with about 30,000 miles on it, and i have CAI, Cat-back Exhuast, and B&M shiftplus and its an auto. I will be putting on the Hahn Racecraft Turbo on my car during winter, but for now, i have a nitrous kit and i want to put either a 50-75 shot on it. I have been reading in the forums that the Ecotec is known for fuel puddling. if i run 50-75 shot, do i have to worry about fuel puddling in the intake manifold. I will be using it ONLY on the track, and that is maybe 3 passes a week for about a month or two. and i have the NGK iridium 1 step colder spark plugs and i know to use 89-91 octane. So i geuss my question is, will i have problems with fuel puddling?

Thank you.

Re: fuel puddling
Friday, September 21, 2007 2:49 AM
fuel puddling can occur regardless of what size "shot" you run.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Friday, September 21, 2007 4:21 AM
but more of a chance of it happening with larger shots, lower shots with not much use you shouldn't come across any major issues. I've ran a bunch of bottles through so far and no problems with a 75 shot each time... but soon as I get my new manifold I plan on upgrading to a direct port so that will be a thing of the past hopefully soon.

Just dont be stupid is all

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Friday, September 21, 2007 7:11 AM
Just run a smaller jet for the fuel.
Friday, September 21, 2007 7:46 AM
^^^ What about running with the wrong air fuel ratio... because of the wrong jet.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, September 21, 2007 7:23 PM
As stated before does not matter how big of a shot u go with there is a chance of puddling the manifold. Now when I got my kit installed we used a 55 shot nitrous jet and a 35 shot fuel jet to get the right AFR, I was sitting at 12.5 which is where u wanna be while spraying. Thats why i said if u use a smaller fuel jet there is a less of a chance of puddling the manifold.
Friday, September 21, 2007 9:32 PM
Do you have a dry kit or a wet kit? Is it Zex, NOS, NX, Dynotune?
Saturday, September 22, 2007 12:00 AM
lol its a dry kit, and please don't knock me i am new to nitrous, but im trying to learn EVERYTHING i can before i install it. But my buddies know a lot about Nitrous and they are also helping me.
And it is a NOS KIT.
I want to put 75 dry safely.
Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:14 PM
wet is a better choice and its no big deal that you have a dry setup currently because you can always add a solenoid and nozzle to convert to wet. You wont run a 75 shot dry safely with stock injectors....... PERIOD.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:26 PM
Your injectors can handle it, all you have to do is bump us the fuel pressure. Buy an adj fpr and a wideband and you'll be set.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:17 AM
i got the 04-05 srt-4 spark plugs gapped at .035
Does this sound correct?
And won't my ecu learn that the car is leaning out and compensate for the fuel.
That is what i was told, but i know NOT to go over 75 with stock injectors.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:54 AM
Your good with the SRT4 plugs, by far I've learned with research they are some of the best to use. I personally use them myself and 2 sets of plugs through not one single problem.

All the Dry n2o stuff.... not so sure about .... i'm sure all of the dry guys will chime in though, I prefer mine wet... LOL

Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:25 AM
at WOT your ECU goes into OPEN loop and the pre O2 is ignored which is what is used for addaptive learning in the ECU. Your computer will NOT learn/compensate for lean conditions under WOT. The answer to your question is NO. I dont care what anybody says 19 lb injectors are TOO small for a "SAFE" 75 shot of nitrous even if you pump the pressures to 100 psi. Your wideband may show a good A/F but thats only HALF the equation. Spray pattern is critical to safe combustion. Especially when dealing with nitrous. larger injectors are worth the investment unless you wanna go the lesser of the safe factor.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:14 PM
what would u consider a good set of injectors to upgrade to? I've been eyeing up a set of cobalt s/s or redline injectors on their forums... Hrmmm....

Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:42 PM
Yeah same here, wouldn't those injectors work well with the nitrous set up?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search