ECO FUEL PREASURE!1 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECO FUEL PREASURE!1
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 5:44 PM
I searched and searched.. what i find is they said it shoudl range from 50-60

2 question's.. is that the fuel presure at the rail?

i have a guage and regulator installed... and i have it put in at the rubber behind the motor... im reading about 62-65 ALLWAYS..

ocationally around 60 on just the key turned... not started..

any help on this?

maybe guage or sender is bad?

reason this is in Nitrous is because i've got a kit coming, and everyone is telling me fuel presure (reading) is a huge part of the install for saftey..

so is this safe for Nitrous as well or do i have an issue here?

Re: ECO FUEL PREASURE!1
Thursday, December 06, 2007 7:58 AM
When you turn the key take the vacume line off the fpr that should give you the right reading, your fuel pressure should not be that high. And yes fuel plays a big role while spraying.
Saturday, December 08, 2007 8:39 PM
i have the areomotive fpr and i run my at 60 psi and i run 100 shot on my ecotec

Saturday, December 08, 2007 8:50 PM
BlackCav04 wrote:i have the areomotive fpr and i run my at 60 psi and i run 100 shot on my ecotec

Do you remember what your stock fuel pressure was? Cuz 60 seems just way too high.
Saturday, December 08, 2007 9:00 PM
okay dumb question, but isn't that lil valve on the return line for testing with the Eco ?

Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:43 PM
no i dont remember what it was..i wanna say it was in the mid 50's

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:20 PM
Mine is at 65 with the aeromotive FPR

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:37 PM
Cinny wrote:okay dumb question, but isn't that lil valve on the return line for testing with the Eco ?

I believe your referring to the Schraeder Valve and it is primarily for testing but can be used for other things

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Monday, January 28, 2008 9:15 PM
just looked it up 2004 sunfire 2.2(L62) as per Snapon ( Mitchell)

FUEL PRESSURE SPECIFICATIONS
Application Psi (kPa)
Cavalier & Sunfire 50-60 (345-414)
Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:44 AM
Hey everyone, its been awhile since Ive been on here, I made the upgrade from my 04 auto ecto to an 2007 Evo IX, alright when I had my cavvy, I ran the Zex kit with a weapon r intake, Magna flow exhaust, no header and FPR, I consistently ran a 75 dry shot ALOT, I loved brining it to the track and making ppl wonder what the hell was in this stock cavvy ( or so they thought) I monitored my FP and consistently at idle I was at 57.5 ( rounding the decimel) and at wot i was pushing nearly 63, I never once adjusted it, it came stock. I also installed the kit with less then 4k miles and ran the kit all the way to 72k when I got rid of it. I never once had an issue. The factor of FP cannot be stressed enough with nitrous, so anyone who is new to the nitrous world, do ur homework, dont cut corners and test ur @!#$ before running it. I would check my FP every friday night before we went to the track. My cavvy being an Auto at the time was a bracket racing queen, I consistently ran 14.03, Stock all weather tires, the only thing I added whether or not it helped ( but made everything smell nice haha) was Vicks Vaporizer liquid on the tires.... Btw my 60' was 1.95, Ill even try to find some old slips in the garage for the misbelievers.....Maybe I had a stud from the factory I do not know, but even at 72000 she sipped from the bottle like a champ.
Monday, April 21, 2008 3:55 PM
Kyle Bushey wrote:Hey everyone, its been awhile since Ive been on here, I made the upgrade from my 04 auto ecto to an 2007 Evo IX, alright when I had my cavvy, I ran the Zex kit with a weapon r intake, Magna flow exhaust, no header and FPR, I consistently ran a 75 dry shot ALOT, I loved brining it to the track and making ppl wonder what the hell was in this stock cavvy ( or so they thought) I monitored my FP and consistently at idle I was at 57.5 ( rounding the decimel) and at wot i was pushing nearly 63, I never once adjusted it, it came stock. I also installed the kit with less then 4k miles and ran the kit all the way to 72k when I got rid of it. I never once had an issue. The factor of FP cannot be stressed enough with nitrous, so anyone who is new to the nitrous world, do ur homework, dont cut corners and test ur @!#$ before running it. I would check my FP every friday night before we went to the track. My cavvy being an Auto at the time was a bracket racing queen, I consistently ran 14.03, Stock all weather tires, the only thing I added whether or not it helped ( but made everything smell nice haha) was Vicks Vaporizer liquid on the tires.... Btw my 60' was 1.95, Ill even try to find some old slips in the garage for the misbelievers.....Maybe I had a stud from the factory I do not know, but even at 72000 she sipped from the bottle like a champ.

dude wtf? where did this come from, this isn't the nearest tid bit relevant to what the OP was talking about!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search