nitrous through supercharger - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nitrous through supercharger
Saturday, February 02, 2008 2:55 PM
This topic may have been asked before but i searched and couldnt find anything on it i have the zex wet kit and i was wanting to run it through the gm supercharger. In the boost forum they was saying that u can t run wet due to the fuel eating the coating off the supercharger blades. is their anyway to convert this over to a dry kit?

Re: nitrous through supercharger
Saturday, February 02, 2008 5:09 PM
Go back thru the last few pages and look for threads posted by Ragin Z,he is running nitrous thru his charger or
at least was.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, February 02, 2008 10:14 PM
If u wanna run wet kit with a charger make sure its direct port.
Sunday, February 03, 2008 2:35 PM
okay so personally i dont want to spend the money to go direct port cause im in the midst of doing other things with the car like purchasing the supercharger and am not financiallly able but i already have teh nitrous kit is their any other purpose i could use the kit for like cooling i have a purge kit so coiuldnt i use that to purge on the radiator or somthing to dissapate heat or i could be way off base?
Sunday, February 03, 2008 4:12 PM
Well you need to give more info as your profile has nothing.Do you have the Eco or the 2.4?If you have the Eco then obviously your buying the M62 charger kit,which I believe can be intercooled.

If so you may be able to fab or buy the intercooler bar sprayer that sprays nitrous onto the intercooler drastically reducing temps.

If you have the 2.4 and your getting the M45 S/C kit then I would just sell the n2o kit and buy a meth/alky kit which is the best way to lower temps,reduce detonation,etc:

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:14 PM
Okay! I did some research on our M45.

I talked to tech support at stiegemeier, they rebuild Eaton superchargers. http://www.stiegemeier.com/

They had informed me, The only damage done from teflon flaking is only if your inter-cooled. The teflon flaking can lodge in the inter-cooler because of its multiple smaller air channels within. Cat converter is very unlikely to be damaged.

Teflon coatings only purpose is to muffle the sound of the rotors. That all !
It is also recommended to use a wet kit other than dry.

Methanol will be a great add on for extra octane, and cooler temps.
I love my set up, i'm just wondering if I should go from 35 to 50 shot ?

Nothing's better than being the underdog.
01 Z-24, S/C 2.6 pulley, Alky Injected, Nitrous
Toasty
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:48 PM
well ill be using the m62 so does the kit come with an intercooler or no and if not where do i buy one at
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:05 PM
that would be just insane running forced NOS WOW! that engine would just rip when it the powerband

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:30 PM
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:46 PM
the pictures arent working for me
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:14 PM

Alky on top, Nitrous on bottom

Sorry man,

Toasty

Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:59 PM
you feel ok with flakes of Teflon being forced into your engine? not to mention i don't see how it is even possible to hook up a Roots type supercharger to an air to air intercooler, so i don't see the point there. Im not trying to say that the people over at Stiegemeier are wrong, just doesn't make any sense is all.

why not just run direct port and save the hassle?

Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:38 PM
Stiegemeier do Eaton Superchargers in general. Not only M45's. Many Eaton Chargers can be intercooled. It was a general statement.
Teflon Coating is a very thin mill material. It will blow through just fine. It will not break off the chuncks. It's not dangerous.

Toasty
Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:51 AM
newt wrote:you feel ok with flakes of Teflon being forced into your engine? not to mention i don't see how it is even possible to hook up a Roots type supercharger to an air to air intercooler, so i don't see the point there. Im not trying to say that the people over at Stiegemeier are wrong, just doesn't make any sense is all.

why not just run direct port and save the hassle?

You incorrectly assume it's an air to air intercooler. It's actually a water to air intercooler. That's getting very common with modern supercharged applications. And the answer to your last question is $$$$$$$$$$.

It's oh so cheesey!
Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:56 PM
http://www.cobaltss.org/gallery/ZEX/IMG_1372

does any body know if this method can be used on our cars?
Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:29 PM
you people do know the M45 rotors DO NOT HAVE teflon on the rotors right,

we all learned this 3 years ago...

spraying a wet shot before the rotors helps with intake air temps the same way spraying water would, it evaporates, thus taking away heat.

i say go for it, just don't back fire, suck to see the rotors come through the housing...

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:51 PM
carnivorous mouse wrote:http://www.cobaltss.org/gallery/ZEX/IMG_1372

does any body know if this method can be used on our cars?

yeah i wanna know more on this as well. i have been reading different things on here as well as ecotecforums and want to try it. anyone tell me what they think of this...i have a 2003 ecotec with the gm supercharger kit. was thinking about getting the nitrous express stage 1 EFI kit and just do basically whats in that pic...run it into the intake before the blower. ...anyone say wither or not this is gonna result in much power gains?

Visit me on Cardomain
Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:01 PM
It has been proven time and time again, the coating on the blades will NOT be "eaten" by the nitrous.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search