Dual stage nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dual stage nitrous
Friday, February 29, 2008 5:36 PM
I'm looking into using a dual stage nitrous system for one of our projects. It is going to be a fully built engine. sleeved with billet rods, arias pistons, eagle forged crank and proper clearances. We want to use a 50-shot for spool up and then a 100-shot later in the rpm band. If anybody uses dual stage let me know, i'd like to see how it performs!

Re: Dual stage nitrous
Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:05 AM
What vehicle?I would suggest a nice progressive controller for one.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:34 AM
What size turbo? My old one spooled around 2300rpms. If you're looking to spray (even a 50 shot) off the line, you're probably just going to smoke your tires instead. I know mine did with 18's and a 40 shot. Didn't do many nitrous burnouts with the other shots.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:26 PM
We are going to be using either a Garrett GT3076 or a WOTM T66 sized turbo. The one from WOTM won't spool until around 4500RPM so we want to use a dual stage nitrous for launch. It's going on a 2003 Sunfire, and thanks to Adam Hahn we are able to sqeeze 26x10 slicks! If Bothwell Motorsports got 8'second out of a 26" tire then im sure we'll be fine.
Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:21 AM
With drag slicks and upgraded axles I'm sure you'll do well with it, yeah. I'd look into the progressive setup too, though. You can step it up from 40 --> 75 --> 100 (or something similar) and that should benefit you greatly.

Spooling at 4500...dayum. You DEF need nitrous! Lol

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:06 PM
Yeah it wont be much of a street car. We are just more or less testing out the transmission. We want to see whether or not we can break the transmission. It is going to have pretty steep gears, so it will launch hard and 4500RPM will come really fast! My brother and I are working on a complete 4T65E conversion for ecotec owners. I know nobody wants to pay $2000 for a transmission, but this will probably lower the 1/4 mile about .5 seconds. After seeing a phase 5 cobalt I had to try it for myself.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search