How big of shot would you do and be safe? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How big of shot would you do and be safe?
Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:33 PM

8.5 : 1 weisco pistons
"secret Cams"
Eagle Rods
2.3L oil pump swap
56mm TB
Shaved head ported/polished

Need a good cheater kit (wet system) dor a dirt track stockcar.

Zex??????

thanks in advance for replys.

Re: How big of shot would you do and be safe?
Monday, March 17, 2008 5:56 AM
You can run a 75 shot all day long on Twin Cam motors. With lowered compression and forged pistons, I'd feel pretty comfortable with a 100 shot, but you probably wouldn't want that much power on a dirt track (your call.) I swear by NOS and the kits are easy to install, but ZEX makes a nice setup, too. You didn't do rods while you were in there?

Monday, March 17, 2008 12:03 PM
Agent Omega wrote:You can run a 75 shot all day long on Twin Cam motors. With lowered compression and forged pistons, I'd feel pretty comfortable with a 100 shot, but you probably wouldn't want that much power on a dirt track (your call.) I swear by NOS and the kits are easy to install, but ZEX makes a nice setup, too. You didn't do rods while you were in there?

it says eagle rods right on there after the secret cams. Id say 75 wet shot too, and id listen to this guy^^^^^ he knows a thing or two on nitrous.

Monday, March 17, 2008 3:05 PM
I was just on zex and nos site. There is so much too choose from. Helping me with
a part # or a link would be very helpful. As far as "cheating" would this be easy too
hide? As far as a visual inspection under the hood at night with a flashlight!!!!!!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:32 AM
schmitzracing wrote:I was just on zex and nos site. There is so much too choose from. Helping me with
a part # or a link would be very helpful. As far as "cheating" would this be easy too
hide? As far as a visual inspection under the hood at night with a flashlight!!!!!!

First you need to decide on a wet or dry kit. You don't NEED to get a kit made for the car, just one for the "type" of motor. Most will work and I can help you a little if you need it. If you want to take the time or pay someone to do it, a stealth install is def. possible. Like I said, though, it just takes a little more time.

Luis Marroquin wrote:
Agent Omega wrote:You can run a 75 shot all day long on Twin Cam motors. With lowered compression and forged pistons, I'd feel pretty comfortable with a 100 shot, but you probably wouldn't want that much power on a dirt track (your call.) I swear by NOS and the kits are easy to install, but ZEX makes a nice setup, too. You didn't do rods while you were in there?

it says eagle rods right on there after the secret cams. Id say 75 wet shot too, and id listen to this guy^^^^^ he knows a thing or two on nitrous.

Thanks, bud--that means a lot. Can't believe I missed the "Eagle Rods" on the list, though! Lol

Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:12 PM
schmitzracing wrote:I was just on zex and nos site. There is so much too choose from. Helping me with

if you are going to be inspected then i would just choose not to run nitrous and save up for a boosted motor. A stealth install is always cool but it will be a major hassle when trying to find leaks or maybe a kinked line. Also you really cant get by many tracks with it hidden because they will eventually find it and kick you out, just like three of the tracks have done that i currently attend. Also you have to keep in mind that filling a bottle gets pricey, especially if your in an area where its scarce. Living in a big city is sometimes a plus because pries are cheap, I pay 2 bucks a pound per fill. These are just things to keep in mind when messing with laughing gas. (very important the nitrous that is used in vehicles cannot be ingested because its oxidized and poisonous)

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:48 AM
We cant run TURBOS either!! I dont know if I mentioned this earlier
but this is a circle track dirt car> Preferablly running 1/2 mile tracks.
Theres only a few cars out there that run faster than me and one of
them is a 2.0 neon. I just wanna wax his !!! this season. Any other
tips on gaining a few more horse. I currently run 92 octane maybe
upping the octane a little bit???? thanks
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:49 PM
Flowing out the head and dumping some more fuel might be a good start for you

Friday, March 21, 2008 3:04 PM
I just wanna thank you guys for the replys.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:22 PM
Do they check compression? I think you could have went with a higher compression if not. That would have been perfect! Nothing extreme, maybe 10:1.
Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:36 PM
steve white wrote:Do they check compression? I think you could have went with a higher compression if not. That would have been perfect! Nothing extreme, maybe 10:1.

yup shaving the head and running a thinner gasket would up your compression but be weary of slapping the valves into pistons. You will have to clay they pistons to make sure you have clearance. Also with higher compression you can run maybe 110 octane if they are not picky on there, also if you have the LN2 run some 1.6 roller rockers to give you more lift, also though if you shave the head and have higher lift on the valves you might slap the valves on the pistons so again you will have to clay the block. thats all i can think of right now but if you need more i can think of some other stuff.

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:41 AM
yah they will do a compression check every now and then. I should of
went with the 10:1 pistons like u said steve. Maybe for now I will get
some different injectors and up the octane a little bit. Can I run the
cobalt injectorrs?
Monday, April 07, 2008 5:58 AM
You can up the injectors, but not too high without HPT tuning to control them. What do you have stock in that car? I have a set of Ford Pink Tops that I won't need anymore; came out of a '04 Mustang GT. I believe they're 24lbs (?)

Monday, April 07, 2008 1:25 PM
schmitzracing,

hey fill out your profile so that we can help you a little more and suggest parts that would fit your motor.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:03 AM
Luis Marroquin wrote:schmitzracing,

hey fill out your profile so that we can help you a little more and suggest parts that would fit your motor.

2.4L
Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:50 AM
If u really wanted to run the nitrous which I think is bad idea in a dirt track car ( I know how they like to bang one another around) run ur line being a Dry kit on the bottom side of the intake about 2 inches from the plenum... ultra sneaky, now u gotta hide the management box( easy to do) run it one the firewall but put another peice of sheet metal in front of it and make it look all nice and stock and they'll never see it in the inspection ring....
Monday, April 21, 2008 3:56 PM
^^^^^^ i think it would be kind of obvious when they saw a bottle during inspection!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search