finally!!! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
finally!!!
Monday, March 23, 2009 5:38 PM
Finally got my nitrous kit installed today, ran a 75 shot but it backfired and blew off the air filter when i shifted from 2nd to 3rd i was using a 36 nitrous jet and 24 fuel jet, do u think that if i changed to a 22 fuel jet that it would help??

Re: finally!!!
Monday, March 23, 2009 7:16 PM
did you shift properly? sounds like you upshifted too soon and bogged the engine. did you go cooler plugs or any other precautions?
Monday, March 23, 2009 7:35 PM
Are you using a WOT switch or a button, it's possible you just didn't let off the spray when you shifted, thus causing a backfire? Also are you running premium fuel?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:09 AM
U should check ur spark plugs cuz one of them is probably melted from the backfire. What kind of a kit r u using?
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:10 AM
Im running 93 octance and i have ngk tr6 plugs, it is the NOS sniper kit. It backfired when it bounced off the rev limiter cause i wasnt expecting it to rev so fast. My bottle pressure was only at like 750 psi since my bottle heater isnt here yet so maybe that was the problem.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:19 AM
It's is a waste to spray at that psi.Don't use it until you get the heater OR do what I did.(homemade heater)Get two heating pads that don't have the auto-shut off feature,run those to a converter that simply plugs into your cig. lighter.That worked fine on my setup and the psi hit as high as 1200,just have to keep an eye on it.

Check the gap on all your plugs,like I read if you open the gap,essentialy you'll be retarding timing but it can't necessarily be measured in degrees.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:36 AM
I have my gap set at .035, i ordered the bottle heater from dynotune on monday so it should be here by thursday for sure!! i cant wait!!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:49 PM
So is it WOT or just a push button? Maybe i missed it if ya posted. Deffinately don't spray on 750psi, and the backfire is most likely from when you hit rev limiter, happened to me at the track this weekend on one run. I'm running .40 gap on mine, and they told me that was factory specs. You might need a bigger gap.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:39 PM
Heres a little video I made earlier the nitrous didnt acitvate in second gear though, and i used a electric heat pad to heat up the bottle but could only get it to 800psi, it must be a weak pad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xc4CMW0KI

Let me know what u think

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:55 AM
Wow I forgot how slow 3spd 2.2's are Yeah I have the dynotune bottle heater and it stop working after only 2 times so it's back to them getting replaced under warranty, they seem to have great customer support. You'll love it though because there is a HUGE difference between a 800psi and 1100psi run.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:28 AM
you are shifting an auto?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:55 AM
Yea LOL!!! i thought it would work better but then i let it shift itself and it was alot better.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 1:52 PM
this is exactly why they invented window switches, invest...

Friday, May 08, 2009 6:13 PM
After watching the vid I have to say.... I see your car blowing apart soon.

Friday, May 08, 2009 7:53 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:After watching the vid I have to say.... I see your car blowing apart soon.

Funny, after I watched it, the next recommended video that pops up was "cavy, blown engine." Watched that, it was some kid with a 2.2 and a horrible knock. Coincidence... I think not.

oh, and again, just incase you didn't get it the first time around...

...window switches, invest...

Friday, May 08, 2009 9:51 PM
window switches for J owners?What J owner wants to spend for that,lol,Ill say this much what is impressive is someone who builds a 4cyl for nitrous and has consistent passes time and time again w/out breaking

Friday, May 08, 2009 9:56 PM
I did! In fact, i still have it!

Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:44 PM
Sarcasm ,lol but yeah not too many J owners invest in them when they should

Saturday, May 09, 2009 3:37 PM
yea, I got that and it made me laugh but then I was like, "HEYYYYYYYYYYY, I bought one!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search