i need quick help for my window PLEASE!! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need quick help for my window PLEASE!!
Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:16 PM
Hi everyone, i have manual window and i'm going power windows. I bought everything from a 97 cavalier but today, i found that i miss the clock spring in one of the window regulator. My question is, will my 2000 sunfire manual window will have them so i can replace it?

i didn't check in the door cause i'm not that good with my hands and i'll let a professionnal do it but i don't want to miss pieces when i get it done!

i mean:

and the picture without it:

so do i have this spring in my manuel window??? and do i need it absolutely??

thanks!!

Re: i need quick help for my window PLEASE!!
Monday, June 11, 2007 11:45 AM
That spring is useless... Many people take it out because it places to much strain on the motor.. so really if you take it out it helps the motor last longer...
I think the only thing it does is make the window go up and down smoother...
Btw i'm pretty sure the spring is like compressed to 40lbs or 30lbs..
Soo yeah be carefull if ur playing around with it.. Or if you need to remove the motor.. look up one of the motor removal tutorials..

What are you going to be using for a switch for the windows?
Re: i need quick help for my window PLEASE!!
Monday, June 11, 2007 4:02 PM
Thanks for the answer Needturbo! well, all the stuff for the power windows came from a 97 sunfire so i have the switchs from it. The only thing is the center console switch from a 97 is less large than my 2000 center console so i'm gonna have to find a 2000+ switch but it's only for the look!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search