GM2000+ Interface Module....which one to get - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM2000+ Interface Module....which one to get
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:05 AM
It appears my Scosche GM2000 crapped out on me over the weekend causing all the strange electrical system problems I was having, so I guess it needs replacing.

I know I could skip the whole thing and tap the windshield wiper fuse for power, but I did that once before and didn't like not having the warning dingers.

Do you guys have any impression of the Metra interface unit vs the Scosche one. It's about $40 at Walmart for the Scosche, while the Metra runs about $80 from Crutchfield.

Re: GM2000+ Interface Module....which one to get
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:14 AM
the scosche one is garbage, its been having problems for a while....get the metra one it should work alot better
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:21 AM
go to ebay get gm11 by scosche for like 24.99 i think. no need to tap into any wires. it has a 12v switch bulit into it. if you search 2000 aftermarket raido question and look for my thread it has the diagram showing that it doesn't need a 12v switch.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:22 AM
also it keeps the warning dingers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:55 AM
Hmmmm is the GM11 like an update to the GM2000? Any idea if they're available in stores?
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:14 AM
updated one i believe is GM09SR which is 99.99 from scosche's website. http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/538 i have the gm11 i got from ebay and have'nt had any problems yet.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:19 AM
might be able to get it out at wal-mart or any audio places near you.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:39 PM
Well, I stopped both at the audio place up the street from me and Walmart. The audio place has an Axxess or something like that one that's $109, and Wally World has the same $38 Scosche one that burnt up on me.

It's kind of looking like my best bet may be to just order the one off Crutchfield for $80.

Does anybody make one that dings through the speaker in the door instead of the module itself? On second thought, that probably wouldn't work anyway if you're running your speakers off an amp and not the wiring harness anyway.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search