My Vague Project Post - Page 8 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My Vague Project Post
Saturday, April 03, 2010 9:26 PM
The tweeters for the Rainbows come out to 1.9 inches so Im doubting theyre going to fit in the tweeter pods.

Saturday, April 03, 2010 9:38 PM
ummm no they don't. They are your standard 1" domes....

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

Some say he invented November.
Saturday, April 03, 2010 10:08 PM

The overall diameter of the tweet is 1.87 (including frame) the tweet itself is only 1.69

Thought i would post some pics i dont know if you need them then they are plastic welded into place to make sure they aren't going any where...
p.s. don't mind my dirty car i haven't detailed it yet this spring it just started getting nice out

Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:05 AM
The site says 49 mm that comes out 1.9 inches?

Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:35 AM
mwahaha sorry good thing in know how to read....oops
3/4 of an inch is the actual size of the tweet but the mounting and everything works out to 1.9
i thought my last ones were that size (3/4) because we had to remount these ones cuz they were bigger than the last ones but its just the mounting hardware that was 1/2 and inch bigger...my bad

edit: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=526
i have a set of 6.5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:39 AM

Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:41 AM
~NiKki~ wrote:mwahaha sorry good thing in know how to read....oops
3/4 of an inch is the actual size of the tweet but the mounting and everything works out to 1.9
i thought my last ones were that size (3/4) because we had to remount these ones cuz they were bigger than the last ones but its just the mounting hardware that was 1/2 and inch bigger...my bad

edit: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=526
i have a set of 6.5

You are not talking about the same set of components. Why do you keep answering him? He isn't talking to you at all...

They are 25mm tweeters, I promise.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:03 AM
he was talking about how big of tweeter can fit in the stock size that is all i was saying... i know he was talking about a diff set of components

Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:17 AM
No, he was asking about the exact size listed in Rainbow's website for the tweeter......

Decently clean install on those JL's though.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:04 AM
I was asking what size would fit in the stock spot but the JLs are kinda irrelevant since theyre different Ill guess Ill just have to play around with the mounting after I get the speakers. I kinda wanted to do door pods since Ive been reading that spacing the mid from the door as opposed to mounting it to the door allows for a better mid bass response.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 2:20 PM
whatever you chose to do. if you decide NOT to do pods, I don't think you will have an issue with tweeter or woofer fitment.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 6:04 PM
Good good. I dont have time to build pods right no but I get bored as hell in the summer so that may be a project.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 7:32 PM
My lanzar tweets fit perfectly where the stock tweeter sat. I hot glued them in.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 8:55 PM
Got the hook up on a new bass knob for the amp since mine is all scratch up and the LED doesnt work from being slid around in my glove box for a year. Im slowly compiling the little pieces Ive wanted for awhile.

Should be some big updates coming early to mid May.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:59 PM
Rainbows ordered. Thanks Dustin

Sold some old miscellaneous stuff to pay for the new love.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:17 PM
Awesome. Get me pics of them when they get there. If this year's SAC's haven't changed from last years SAC's, depending on how much you know about crossover settings and hook ups, the crossovers might confuse you lol. Let me know when you get them, if you have any questions. You are going to LOVE the sound.

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:45 PM
I hope so. How long did he say theyd be?

Monday, April 12, 2010 4:17 PM
For the SAC's? Should ship within a day or 2 of getting payment. He is usually good about shipping fast. He's in NJ, you're in PA, so it shouldn't be more than 2 days after they ship. The reason he suggested you upgrade to the SAC's is because they were right in stock. The SLC's were out. So in the end, he gave you a little discount on some better speakers, AND they should be there a lot sooner. The SLC's were going to be about 3-4 weeks before he even got the next shipment from Germany, let alone sending them to you.

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:36 PM
Im in Ohio. Just saying.

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:40 PM
oh thought you were in PA. Still won't be more than a single business week. I would be surprised if it were 3-4 days.

Monday, April 12, 2010 7:02 PM
I was just curious. I havent heard anything from him today and no ones accepted my payment. Gah! Im anxious.

Monday, April 12, 2010 9:21 PM
didn't accept the payment? How so, it was paypal wans't it? lol

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:36 PM
Nevermind. It went through. The money hadnt been deducted from my account and usually it does that pretty directly after the person I send money to recieves and accepts it. But its cool now.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:29 PM
Rainbow SAC 265.25 6.5 inch components. And damn they are sexy.

And the crossover is confusing. Theres two input sets on each. The manual is looks a little intimidating but its also halfway written in German and the other half in Germanglish.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:08 PM
prolly an imput for the tweet and the midrange, my crossover was like that... i was thinkin wtf when i first looked at it..
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:11 PM
haha I TOLD YOU it might be confusing. Are you planning on simply running them passive? If so, it's fairly simple. Basically you just run a short jumper from one positive to the other, and do the same for the negative, and then just run the wire like normal. Sort of like wiring a sub in parallel. After that, the outputs should be self explanatory .Read that owners manual thoroughly, and anything you might not understand, let me know.

Glad they got there safe and fast.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search