Need some help with my sub box port tuning. . - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Need some help with my sub box port tuning. .
Monday, November 23, 2009 1:08 PM

Well should have the box done tonight minus the cut out for the sub. Will be on later to post pics. Oh and which is a smarter move? Single ot double baffle? I'm leaning towards the double

144db@38hz! It hurts so good !

Monday, November 23, 2009 1:16 PM
Double if you have the wood. If not brace the @!#$ out of it.

I was going to do double but ran out of wood so I bought 8 4 inch l brackets and braced the faces to the bottom and top sides.

Monday, November 23, 2009 2:36 PM

Ok this is gonna sound stupid but forgive me (this is my first venture into box building AND ported) but when you say double baffle, you talkin about joining 2 pieces of mdf to make a single 1.5 in thick baffle? Or 2 separate baffles offset, one open to the front then another open to the back and leading out of the box?

Monday, November 23, 2009 7:17 PM
Baffle is what your sub is mounted to, it has the sub hole. Hahaha. Just glue the @!#$ out of two pieces of 3/4 slap them together, clamp them overnight cut your sub hole and screw that to the box. The idea is to stiffen the baffle so it doesnt flex under high stress from the sub.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:11 PM

Well what the hell? Where were you when I was screwing my box together? Guess imma head home and cut a second piece for the baffle and glue and screw it to the box

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:27 PM
I posted that 2 hours before you said you finished I figured you read it. Hahahha

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:45 AM
A+, will read again!

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search