4 Channel Amp installation ?s - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 4 Channel Amp installation ?s
Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:26 AM
Dude... Those terminals are meant to be soldered. That's probably why u have bad luck using them as crimp connectors..m...

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:42 PM
Those are meant for a badass man bear hydraulic crimper last I checked. Though you can solder them but it seems like ti would be a pain in the ass. Fill the tip with solder. Heat it up. Shove the wire in. Yada yada.

Ive seen people drill holes in them and put in set screw to make them reuasble.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:53 PM
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a problem soldering terminals like that. Never caused an issue for me. Lazy ass

Thursday, March 03, 2011 5:18 PM
Mine look better so @!#$ ya.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:19 PM
Thought it was a fuse, it wasn't. There was an issue with the remote wire, it wasn't turning the amps on, but I got it fixed up and its all working GREAT, cant wait to get it tuned.

The car was washed, Clay barred, waxed, and buffed. Also, I got the interior cleaned finally for the first time since it snowed. So I didn't get a chance to clean up the wiring, but that will be my goal for tomorrow, other than that the car is done. Well the meth kit too, but thats kinda up in the air .

Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:34 PM
Meth is a hell of a drug.

Friday, March 04, 2011 2:05 PM
Those lugs work great when you solder them in. Fill with solder, use vice and blowtorch to melt and slide the wire in.

Whats up people?
Friday, March 04, 2011 4:26 PM
javis hildebrand wrote:Those lugs work great when you solder them in. Fill with solder, use vice and blowtorch to melt and slide the wire in.

Exactly... like I said in my post, that's what they're meant for and it's NOT that hard to do.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:49 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
javis hildebrand wrote:Those lugs work great when you solder them in. Fill with solder, use vice and blowtorch to melt and slide the wire in.

Exactly... like I said in my post, that's what they're meant for and it's NOT that hard to do.

Sucks the big one when youre trying to do it in the car though. With an open ended lug you can just hold the wire with a pair of vice grips and solder down into it. Let it suck in. Cool. Then pool some solder on top. Works bueno.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 1:36 PM
but you take dicks in your ass, how does anything you say matter after knowing this fact? Sorry Brian.

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:21 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:but you take dicks in your ass, how does anything you say matter after knowing this fact? Sorry Brian.

lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, March 07, 2011 8:36 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:but you take dicks in your ass, how does anything you say matter after knowing this fact? Sorry Brian.

Are you mad because I denied your advances at me?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search