Experience with CDT Audio? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Experience with CDT Audio?
Sunday, March 06, 2011 6:57 PM
Hey guys so since my old cav got totaled I figured why not change some audio stuff around in my new cav. In my old car i was running this amp with these speakers.. Now I know that setup wasnt anything of super high quality but it got the job done quite well and I was satisfied with it. Now Im looking into getting a set of components, I wish I could get myself a pair of rainbows or focals but I dont want to spend $300+ on a set of components. So I was looking at these components. I did some google searching on CDT audio and they generally seem to have really positive reviews considering how cheap they are relative to higher end brands. So my question to you all is if you guys have had any experience with CDT or just have any input. Thanks guys!

Dave

Re: Experience with CDT Audio?
Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:31 PM
They're alright. Those components seem to lack in the highs and the midbass is a tad muddy. Are you able to up your budget at all? You might be able to get something much better,

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:42 PM
Anyway, now that I have a minute... My over all experience with those exact comps. are as I said. Midbass was tough to get right, the tweeters were WEAK. Very very weak. And this is coming from someone who likes a soft, transparent soft dome tweeter.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:45 PM
I probably could up my budget to around $200 at most, I kind of want to start putting money into other areas of my car. Im sure I could get a better set but my question would become would it be worth spending the extra money on the speakers with the current amp that Im using? I dont doubt that the amp wouldnt be able to power the speakers its just how good would it sound knowing its not the greatest of amps by any means. Thanks for the help JL

Dave

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:59 PM
Hmmm that dosnt sound to encouraging since I much much prefer the sound of a soft dome tweeter over hard dome ones. They sell the same woofers with a smaller set of tweeters, I think the ones in the first link I gave were 1" ones and I found another set with I belive 3/4" tweeters. Im not sure how much of a difference that would make tho....

Dave

Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:04 PM
If that amp actually can put out the 150 watts cleanly per channel, that would be nice. For $150-200 I would be able to get you into some Rainbow CSX 265. They're a great entry level component from a well established high end audio company. I could probably have a set shipped to you for $200. Not leaving myself a lot of room at that price, but to show someone what higher end German products can do, even at their entry level, I would love to help.

If you want pictures and specs, here's a link to Rainbow USA's site(which is exactly who I'm selling with/through/for): http://rainbowcaraudio.com/csx265.html

Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:20 PM
Rights thats the thing cleanly being the issue. Rainbows would be awesome Ive heard nothing but great things about them and every pair Ive heard has never let me down. But yeah man if the money is there I would definitely be interested in a pair I would just have to get back to you. Haha Im not sure how familiar you are with home audio but I have a pair of Klipsch RF-63's linky but they are high end German made speakers, lol I know what high end German sound sounds like, its awesome! Having them in my car would only be a plus. Like I said Im definitely interested I would just have to get back to you. Thanks again JL!

Dave

Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:48 PM
No problem. I used to like CDT years ago.. but man their stuff really can't compete it seems. After owning a couple sets and doing everything I could tuning wise, I just couldn't get them to where I liked them.

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:41 PM
My Rainbows are tehmazing.

I dont regret a single penny I spent on them.

Monday, March 07, 2011 4:09 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:My Rainbows are tehmazing.

Kenwood HU, sundown 100.4d, audiocontrol 4xs, audiocontrol eqx, peerless mids, morel tweets

= angels on my dash

Monday, March 07, 2011 4:17 PM
Morel and peerless don't make bad products either. But they are also priced accordingly lol. I also can sell Morel, but focus 90% of my time on Rainbow because they are one of those high end brands with great entry level priced stuff too. Morels low priced items, I don't trust as much for some reason lol.

Monday, March 07, 2011 4:39 PM
Stephen wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:My Rainbows are tehmazing.

Kenwood HU, sundown 100.4d, audiocontrol 4xs, audiocontrol eqx, peerless mids, morel tweets

= angels on my dash

Eh so Im not the only ass hole running a Sundown amp for his SQ setup.

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:27 PM
Haha well Im sure your sundowns are better than my power acoustiks. At some point when I get the rest of my car to where I like it I really really need to invest in some higher quality amps. Sure my setup works great for a budget system but I know I can do better haha. Ill have to look into those morel and peerless for info, Ive never heard of either brand.

Dave

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:54 PM
The big thing is build it so youre happy with it. I havent sunk a ton of money into this particular system but it does what I ask of it.

Monday, March 07, 2011 7:00 PM
This is very true, I was happy as it was but of course you always gotta so for something bigger and better right? lol and JL I sent you a pm about those rainbows.

Dave

Monday, March 07, 2011 7:40 PM
Replied, my friend.

Monday, March 07, 2011 8:32 PM
Replied

Dave

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:47 AM
Whens this going to be over.

Whens this going to be what?

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:06 AM
Order submitted, should process in 24hrs or less

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:08 AM
Haha it is over, got myself a new pair of rainbows now Ill post some pics and stuff once I get them installed over my spring break. Cant wait to hear how they are gonna sound

Dave

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:16 AM
Also if you have the extra cash now, or even down the rodad, don't hesitate to buy up some sound/vibration damping material at least for the doors you would be surprised how much that can increase midbass response.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:23 AM
Yeah getting dynamat or some other brand or sound deadening material was definitely in my plans for the future as well for my doors and trunk. I might be doing that over the summer, I was also looking into higher quality amps in my summer plans. I was looking at the rainbow iPaul series for my comps and my sub. I was also looking at getting a sundown one for my comps and a audioque 1200d for my type r. Only time will tell though lol. Btw you received my payment right? Just want to make sure

Dave

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:16 PM
I wish Sundown still made a 1000 watts amp. I like mine for sub stage. Matching amps is nice too.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:50 PM
Yeah I do to but unfortunately they dont. Thats why I like my current amps because they match perfectly, Im kind of OCD about that whole matching thing lol. But not matching high quality amps > matching low end amps haha

Dave

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:55 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:I wish Sundown still made a 1000 watts amp. I like mine for sub stage. Matching amps is nice too.

my 100.4 is longer than my saz-1500d :|

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search