Having some issues - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Having some issues
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:54 AM
So the other day I installed my system in my car and its working just fine.....however my fog lights, headlights, and drl's are not. When I was putting my dash back together I realized when I reconnected the switch for my fog lights the red light on the switch itself lit up. I thought that was kind of strange considering my key was not in the ignition but it was around 2-3 in the morning and didnt want to try and figure it out and would look at it later (normally that light is only on if the fog lights are on). I got the dash put back together and went to pull my car out of the garage and this happened.

I put the car in reverse and green driving light symbol in the upper right corner of the dash (just above and right of the tach) flashed like 5-6 times and there was a clicking sound that went along with it. Once that stopped the service light came on as well as the air bag light. At the time I had no headlights or drl's and my fogs would not work either. But the red light on the fog light switch was on, and now its always on even when the key is not in the ignition.

Whats weird is that on my old cav when I put my HID's on it, that car did the exact same thing with the clicking sound and the service light. However I disabled the drl's on that one and it fixed the problem. But on my new car I have the stock headlights, which is why Im confused. I already checked all the fuses under the hood and inside the interior fuse panel and those were fine and not blown. Today Im going to take the dash apart again and see if anything is disconnected or bumped or cut or something. Also when I unlock my car with the clicker the headlights dont flash at all. I also think I can rule out the multi switch that controls the headlights because my parking lights work just fine. Any help would be much appreciated although I know this is a very strange issue to have.

Dave

Re: Having some issues
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:21 AM
Well I believe I have found the issue. When I was making a hole for the power wires for the amp I must accidentally cut into the wires coming in through the firewall . It appears as though the only wires that were damaged were the ones going into the plug just below the battery tray (Im positive this is the plug for my headlights). I feel like a complete idiot for doing this but $#!& happens. So I think what Im going to do is feed the cut wires at the base of the firewall through the firewall and into the car and then solder new wires onto that. Feed that back through the firewall and resolder them to the other ends in the engine bay. I hope this is the only issue and once its fixed hopefully everything will be fine or else FML lol

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search