help with hooking up game console to deck - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with hooking up game console to deck
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:09 PM
I just got a Clarion VZ300. (single din dvd player). It will be hooking up a rear monitors as well.

The deck has 2 video outs and 1 video in. The only audio input it seems to have is either the front auxiliary or the satellite radio ready inputs. How would I go about hooking up an xbox? Will the Xm Radio inputs work? My concern is that whichever one I use (auxillary or sat-radio) the deck will automatically switch to a different display and only audio will be present.

I'm thinking I will need to run the video cable from the xbox straight to the monitors... Anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks

Re: help with hooking up game console to deck
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:00 PM
If it's like any other clarion, there should be a set of red-jacketed RCAs. Those will be aux in.

Monday, May 23, 2011 8:32 PM
i'll check again but im pretty sure the only red jacketed RCAs say "SAT R" and "SAT L" on them.
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:39 PM
Does it have any inputs for backup camera?
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:08 AM
I posted in here what I did. Should work for going straight from the Xbox to the monitor. Thats if your monitors have the din plug though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:09 AM

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:49 PM
BassJunkie wrote:Does it have any inputs for backup camera?

yes it does.

Basically, im wondering if there is any way I can have the video and audio from the xbox go straight to the deck? Or am I going to have to send the video to the monitors and the audio to the deck. I know its not practical, I was just hoping the video could be displayed on the little 3.5" deck screen as well.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:25 AM
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:47 AM
In the brothers cavalier, we installed the power converter inside the dash in the middle area on the floor behind the kick panels. We ran the sound directly to the head unit and to the monitor. We used a RCA Y-junction. So sound could be from the monitor or the radio. We used a S-video connector for the monitor and the head unit. With a S-video Y-junction. So the games / movies could be scene on either screen. We bypassed the safety feature so the head unit would play video while the car was moving.

I hope that helps.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search