Muddled Sound from 6x9's when Amping them? 4ch. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Muddled Sound from 6x9's when Amping them? 4ch.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:37 PM
Hey guys. I had a 10" sub and Focal speakers hooked powered up to my 4 Channel Amp. I have an old entry level 3800MP Pioneer deck that powered my Boston 6x9's . I sold my 10 inch to my buddy and decided to amp my 6x9's since I had a channels 3 and 4 freed up.

After I connected everything, the sound from the 6x9's was not strong at all, Sounds like listening to a neighbour through a wall.

I tried swapping the rca's around so that the rear channel was now the front channel. The 6x9's came alive and sounded awesome. I changed the rca's again and I tried playing with the deck settings but had no luck with them. It is as if the deck only recognises the rear rca's as a sub channel and only super low ass tones are going to 6x9's. I tried taking off low pass filters and what not on the deck and amp but had no luck. There were no settings I can find to fix this either.

Has anyone ran into this? Do I need to buy something to make this configuration work? I thought this would be as easy as connecting the speaker wires up and then changing the amp cross over.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Re: Muddled Sound from 6x9's when Amping them? 4ch.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:12 PM
You need to turn off the LPF (low pass filter) and if possible, turn on the HPF (high pass filter)

Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:43 AM
My pioneer deck doesn't allow me to turn off the rear channel LPF. I think Pioneer made it a dedicated Subwoofer Channel.

Is it possible to run both front and rear speaker wire through One Amplifier Channel? Would it be too much for the amp to handle?

I think the amp is 80W x 4 Alpine

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:05 AM
I read the instructions online, lol and found out the answer

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search