wierd deck and sub problem - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wierd deck and sub problem
Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:24 PM
so i installed a new head unit the other day a friend game to me, it is a jensen, im not sure exact model number or anything off the top of my head but it is a flip out deck. anways after installing everything works but when the deck has power and my amp is on my subs make a constant thump sound. when the deck doesnt have power it doesnt do it. and it never did this with any other decks i havee had before. does anyone know hwy it is doing this or if so hwo to fix it? i ahve tried every thing i can think of. ground to the deck, ground to the amp, power wire on amp, remote wire, rcas in wrong port.

Re: wierd deck and sub problem
Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:32 PM
check the gains on the amp, might be too high or too low
and how did you wire the sub?
also check settings on the deck, turn off all bass boost and check your cross over settings on the h/u and the amp as well
Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:00 PM
ive meesed with gains, when i turn the gain all the way down it stops but as u slowly turn it up it slowly starts again, its 2 subs, they are wired correctly, havent touched the wiring in 6 months all i did was change the HU, ive hooked up 3 other HUs in this car and all have worked fine and this one i hooked up the same exact way. i think its the HUs RCA preout but im not sure, ive checed all grounds, moved the rcas away form all other wires, changed RCAs, only thing i havent done is hook up another deck because i dont have one avaiable right now.
Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:22 PM
Off the top of my head, I would guess it's the outputs on the head unit. Sorry to say, because you said you just got it, but the head unit seems to quite obviously be the issue. If you are using the same sub and amp setup with the same RCA cables and other wiring, the head unit clearly is the problem. Bad outputs are more common of an issue than you'd think. I've had especially bad luck it seems with late 90's to mid 200X's Pioneers for some reason.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:15 PM
okay thanks alot, ill get ahold of the other head unit and see if it works then
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search