H/O alternator options - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
H/O alternator options
Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:16 PM
hey guys.....i just picked up a new amp (crescendo bc3500) and i need to beef up my electrical before installing it....so does gm make an high output alternator for an 2002 cav w/ecotec engine? if so what kinda price am i looking at? or what are my options in alternators?

Re: H/O alternator options
Friday, August 19, 2011 5:10 PM
is that a 3.5 kW amp? if so you would probably need 2 h.o alts (mind you'd probably also be running at least 1 4 channel amp that'd bring you to around 4 kW)
what you can do is custom fit an alt from a tahoe, yukon or escalade, or maybe try and find somebody who can rewire your stock alt for more power.
or google iraqqi or ohio alternators.
also don't forget to do the big 3
Friday, August 19, 2011 5:12 PM
also you will need at least 2 high performance batteries with upgrade 0 gauge wiring.
all and all i'd say you're looking at at least 1 grand for all electrical modifications done right
Friday, August 19, 2011 8:27 PM
Iraggi is no longer around he screwed alot if ppl over and fell off the face if the earth lol...

Email mechmen.com get a 270amp alternator powermaster 3100 in the back and 3400 under the hood and ur be fine. If u want a reworked stock alt. U can check out powerbastards.com u will get @!#$y power at idle but around 200 amps at 1800 rpms

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:38 PM
grimez wrote:hey guys.....i just picked up a new amp (crescendo bc3500) and i need to beef up my electrical before installing it....so does gm make an high output alternator for an 2002 cav w/ecotec engine? if so what kinda price am i looking at? or what are my options in alternators?

The real question is are you going to be using the amps to their full potential? Will you be competing, where you NEED the extra juice, or did you just buy big for daily bumping?

Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:17 PM
well i just got back from a show today......i ran it off just a optima yellow top and put up a 139.7 sealed box....and a 139.6 on music on a termlab. i was happy with numbers for the electrical i had and the box i had. sounded way louder than what i hit. im going with another 2 yellow tops and gonna order up a mechmen alt most likely next month. im not a big spl person....just like to jam to some tunes....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search