doing a fuse block tuck and battery relocate need some help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
doing a fuse block tuck and battery relocate need some help
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:31 PM
so yeah im about to move my fuse block under the dash, i have disabled the drl cuz of my hids but i have the power running wit the side post of the battey my question is since im lengthing the wires to my fuse block shoud i just run the power wire for the hids into the orange wire of the headlamp power?? idk i need some help and its for an 03 cavi
any help would be appreciated

Re: doing a fuse block tuck and battery relocate need some help
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:13 PM
im not sure what the drl disable has to do with as its done from a wire on the bcm, i guessing what youre saying is u have powered the hids with a fused wire coming from the battery? im also assuming that the orange wire you speak of is the one that goes to the batt fuse on the relay/fuse box?
are u using a relay to turn the hids on?
where are you relocating the battery to?
what size wire are you using?
0 or 00 gauge/aug 2-4 13-15 strand is recomended if going all the way to the trunk, as voltage drop will be defanite with the stock gauge wire. which will cause your batt and alt to work harder.
are you just extending the current batt cables or are you replacing them all the way to the ground and starter/alt?

aslo if your planning on doing these mods you might be interested in the ecu relocation or cruisecontrol relocation also as they clean up and unclutter the engine bay.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:29 PM
as far as the battery its going to the trunk im going to make a ground for the bay and make another ground for the battery in the trunk and extend the power.
mentioning the drl is beacause the HIDs use its own power source ie the battery but i want to just splice into a hot wire which from the haynes book should be an orange wire. i just dont want to screw it up lol
so what gauge cable should i use ??? for the battery
and should i crimp into the power wire??? orange going to the fuse block where would be safe for still tucking my wires??

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:33 PM
i would take the wir running back to the battery. splice a T into it and run a small fused distrobution block under the dash to power anything you need. and be very careful extending the fuse box wires, to long a run and to small gauge a wire and you will have electrical problems. possibly the car not wanting to shift if its an automatic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search