buying a new system for my 03 cavalier - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: buying a new system for my 03 cavalier
Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:01 PM
bradsk88 wrote:
You can always turn the gain on the amp that is running the 6x9s down. Amps do more than make sound loud. They also make it cleaner, punchier and 'thicker' when set up properly.

Aside from that, look into a quality 4 channel amp so you can amp (and level-match) both the fronts and rears. It will make the most difference over running the speakers straight off the deck, so that's where I would start.

The gain on the rear speakers is fine, it's mostly to do with the quiet unamp'd door speakers. anyway I'm putting this system in another cavalier, so it's time for a new one in my car.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:05 PM
well in order to pick up those frequencies you'd need a sub enclosed in a vented enclosure tuned to low 30s or even high 20s
and a sub + enclosure like that won't be cheap
but it's definitely worth it if you can afford one.
Monday, August 29, 2011 3:02 AM
Andrey B wrote:most songs don't go below 40 hz, unless you listen to rap/hip-hop but even then they don't go below 30s
my components have low extension down to 48 hz, and i don't listen to rap/hip-hop..

id completly disagree with this statement. my sub in my system stays crossed over at 50hz and below. hell most classical music goes way lower then rap and hip hop. tons of information down in the low range. most componets dont play down into the 40hz range accuratly with allot of power. if yours are playing that low that accuratly id be very surprised since even allot of pros in the sound quality game dont even get theirs that low without a ton of structural work and installation work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search