Sub Amp Fuse Location - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sub Amp Fuse Location
Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:07 PM
Hi everyone, I'm installing a sub/amp combo in my newly aquired 2001 pontiac sunfire. (2.2L 4 door auto)

For the fuse for the amp I can't seem to see a good location to mount the thing.

Anyone out there got a pic or can you describe what you have done?
I would like to keep it near the battery.

Re: Sub Amp Fuse Location
Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:39 PM
fuses must be as close to battery as possible
just grab an inline fuse and attach it a foot or two away from the battery, just use a slightly smaller fuse just to be safe
that's how i did mine
Friday, August 26, 2011 4:57 AM
your amp should allready have a fuse in it. your not fusing the amp. your fusing the wire. you base the size of the fuse on the size of the wire your using. and most fuse holders have screw holes to screw it down, so just find a spot as close to the battery and screw it down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 26, 2011 11:32 AM
Yeah, I know Im fusing the wire, yes I know the fuse is mountable, the problem is finding a suitable place to mount the thing.

Anyways my friend is gonna let me look at her car, she had it professionally done, I'll just copy thier mounting location. Thanks for the replies.
Friday, August 26, 2011 1:06 PM
I don't get what's so hard here. Find a good place, close to the battery, out of your way. As long as you don't drill into anything vital, what's so hard about finding a mounting spot that's good for you?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:00 PM
i don't get it why you need to "mount" the fuse??
fuse holder with fuse in it is about the size of your thumb. just velco or screw the thing to anything or simply leave tuck it under some part.
nothing will happen to it
Friday, August 26, 2011 5:24 PM
Andrey B wrote:i don't get it why you need to "mount" the fuse??
fuse holder with fuse in it is about the size of your thumb. just velco or screw the thing to anything or simply leave tuck it under some part.
nothing will happen to it

Not the main fuse for your battery + cable. That fuse and holder makes out to be about the size of a cell phone or so. not a mini fuse holder.
Friday, August 26, 2011 5:52 PM
i have mine attached to my strut tower. mind you it's a circuit breaker and not a relay, but you get the idea.

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, August 29, 2011 12:20 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:i have mine attached to my strut tower. mind you it's a circuit breaker and not a relay, but you get the idea.

by relay i meant fuse.

car audio noob since 1984.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search