sub and port firing position in sedan - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: sub and port firing position in sedan
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:34 AM
i don't fully agree with you. you can be loud and still retain a lot of sq.
imo ported enclosure is not the best for sq. period. especially in a smaller car
sealing off the trunk and aiming subs and port forward will likely create a peak at higher frequencies and ruin sq (which is what i have now)
porting to the side and subs forward will cause cancellations due to waves bouncing around all over the place
now, i am thinking about going with 1 12'' and going with either t line, horn or 6th order
i'll keep you posted

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:13 PM
i don't know of many people who are competing with a quality car competing in sound quality. its pretty much one or the other. because to build the optimum spl car to win in your class your going to sacriice spl and same goes for building a sound quality car.

as far as ported not being for sound quality don't buy into the generic ramblings you hear on the internet. i can point you to several world champions in sound quality who all ran ported enclosures, from amaueurs all the way into the pro ranks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:58 PM
it really depends on the car.
while in big vans and suvs ported enclosures may work well due to their size, however in my small cobalt i don't see how i can retain sq with them??
only way i can see that happening is sealing off the trunk and tuning very low, to about 26 hz and have all windows rolled down
that way i'd have nice a deep sound about 20-30 feet outside the car and SHOULD have somewhat decent sound inside..
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:38 PM
omg why do people talk about things they know nothing about...

. yes sndsgood i was talking "spl" even tho its not a full out spl burp thing, you are correct, i was talking output not clarity.

click sig for my car audio videos
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:03 PM
anton, i dont care about spl much
you really gotta pay attention
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:52 PM
I think orange is a pretty color.

Seriously though, quit talking and start building. It's the only way you're going to find out what works.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:08 PM
i am already on it.
engineering part is over, building it as we speak.. i'll post with the progress
Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:36 AM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:omg why do people talk about things they know nothing about...

. yes sndsgood i was talking "spl" even tho its not a full out spl burp thing, you are correct, i was talking output not clarity.

in this build anton was talking about a sound quality setup. you seem to keep forgetting that and trying to design something for all out spl. sound quality is something i know very well. since past setups have won enough to go to the world finals in sound quality in usaci. and ive also judged sound quality for meca in the past. so yeah, i know a thing or two about sound quality.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:03 AM
Andrey B wrote:anton, i dont care about spl much
you really gotta pay attention

hmm i thought i read some one saying they wanted to do a hair trick.... not gunna do that with a 140db sound quality build .... @!#$ i can barely do one at 151 db....

it may not be "Sound Quality" im talking.... And an "SPL" build to me is a build SPECIFICALLY for one note to get loud. now with a nice flat response that gets LOUD to me isnt an SPL build, cause it isnt up to par with what it could do if it was built for SPL. i can get you loud and flat with a simple slot port. the sound quality part to me is making your front speakers keep up with the loudness of the subwoofers WHILE retaining there clarity. thats the part i know nothign about...

Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:00 PM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote: the sound quality part to me is making your front speakers keep up with the loudness of the subwoofers WHILE retaining there clarity.

That's not how it works, basshead.......................

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:53 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote: the sound quality part to me is making your front speakers keep up with the loudness of the subwoofers WHILE retaining there clarity.

That's not how it works, basshead.......................

I think you missed that part soundqualityhead........

Monday, August 29, 2011 3:34 PM
His point is what is to you isnt always correct.

And SoudsGood has been on here a very long time and has proven himself many times over. So being a douche to try to prove your point doesnt make much sense....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search