re xxx - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
re xxx
Monday, August 29, 2011 6:43 PM
Pricing some new gear out and i talked to my distributors and he said my
cost thru the shop i work at is $386 per sub.
12" dual 2ohm.

As far as i know thats a good price on it.

Want to order it this week.

Peoples thoughts on price and the sub and overall woould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.

Re: re xxx
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:09 AM
If it's the new XXX, steer clear. If it's the old XXX, rock on. There's a lot of other subs for that price that will rock your socks off, if not cheaper.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:25 PM
Hey thanks for the advice.
Im lookin at all and evrey option.

I have a planet audio 5000.1 i want to run at a 1ohm mono.

Any suggestions for a 2ohm dvc 12" sub?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:57 AM
So your amp does 3500@ 1 ohm, most subs are going to cook on that kind of power. Can you do a pair of subs, or are you set on a single?

Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:58 PM
Kinda set on one single 12 since its goin in a. 04 avalance between 2 rear bucket seats.

I dont run hard every day.
only when im showin a customer.

Otherwise im at about 1/4 power.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:09 PM
See my issue with that is that you sound like you have limited space. So any sub that can handle you thrashing on it with 3500 watts for any amount of time at all is going to be big and beefy and NEED a large box to move the air. I don't know how much room is between the rear seats, but I doubt it's enough to really fit a large ported box for a big beefy sub.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:23 PM
the box will extend behind the seats an under the seats,
and be vented by the feet area.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:46 PM
So any more thoughts on this?

Thanks again.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:52 AM
How much room do you have to work with? A Lanzar 1232D loves small boxes, but you'll have to set the gains down. An Audioque HDC3 would work, but it's going to need a bigger box.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:09 AM
id say if your working for an audio store and plan on showing customers product you should stick with what your store sells. otherwise customer realises you don't even trust the stuff your selling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, September 23, 2011 8:12 PM
sndsgood wrote:id say if your working for an audio store and plan on showing customers product you should stick with what your store sells. otherwise customer realises you don't even trust the stuff your selling.

yup

Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:53 PM
for the $$ you can get 2 sa 12s or a single FI BL which is better than xxx, although i like RE audio
Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:10 PM
Andrey B wrote:for the $$ you can get 2 sa 12s or a single FI BL which is better than xxx, although i like RE audio

Neither of which his shop sells, so I don't understand why anyone would be recommending products that they "think" are better,...

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:59 PM
xxx is by all means not a bad piece of equipment. anyway, it all boils down to an enclosure you go with..
Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:21 AM
Thats a friggin steal on a XXX. I live near an REAudio dealer, hes a cock but thats a different story. Anyways, I remember looking through his dealer catalog and I remember dealer cost being something like $1100.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search