Weird problem after installing stereo in 03 Cavalier - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Weird problem after installing stereo in 03 Cavalier
Friday, July 22, 2011 1:13 PM
Oh, now I know why my lights get left on all the time. I was unaware till now that the aftermarket radio disables the door/headlight chime. My car came with aftermarket installed, I didn't know that happened. Why is it that the chimes are disabled? Can I make them work again?... Oh jeez i'm threadjacking again..

Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:11 PM
chimes dont turn your lights on. they get left on because your not turning them off if u want the chimes you need to buy a more expensive wiring harness. i would just learn to turn your lights off. shouldnt be that hard.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:01 PM
Well they don't get left on anymore.. but I had an issue with my DRL's flashing due to the high/low beam mod which I fixed now.. i'd turn my lights on to stop the flashing during the day and forget once in a while but I usually remebered. But the light and door chime would still be nice to have. I didn't instal any of my stereo except new speakers, haven't touched the cd player.. Just never knew that was why the courtsey module didnt work.
Monday, July 25, 2011 6:24 AM
I think I found the problem for mine.I have a old Pioneer Premier head unit got it from a front who at the time said"I works really good"(bull@!#$)Well I asked him yesterday if he had any problems with it.So I went and got a new headunit.Wired it up like I had the other one.No more problems.
Friday, July 29, 2011 8:57 AM
I am not using the Factory wiring in anyway shape or form on my 02, my cluster does the same thing from time to time.

Most 00+ J-Body cars I've installed radios in, with a Metra 70-2003 Harness, or a GMRC-01, sometimes some of the lights in the cluster stop working.

Damn J-Body issue.

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:22 AM
If its that much of an issue you could remote mount the factory stereo on the factory harness somewhere else under the dash out of the way... and just use the speaker wires and tap into the power/acc/ground or whatever else you need to run your aftermarket stereo, and the factory unit should retain the dimmer controls correctly. In Theory that is
Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:18 AM
If worried about chimes crutchfield sells add-on adapter for door chimes/lights and lets you keep onstar or you can try to get lucky at a junkyard. Is where I bought my harness for my 97 cavalier with clarion cz109 but I didn't need adapter cause of my year.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOS01/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486
Friday, September 09, 2011 7:46 PM
i got two 2001s and both have radios, one with the scosche harnest and one with my homemade trial and error method, neither have any problems. but i do remember to keep the chimes/buzzers that are "in my ears" annoying as hell you need the more expensive harnest, and if im right its was like $149.99 at best buy or some outragous price like that

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search