Interior light wiring question. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior light wiring question.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:21 AM
I'm looking to rewire the interior lights in my 02 Cavy, I'm not at all a fan of the lights coming on when the doors open or when the ignition is switched off... a small thing, but a pet peeve nontheless.

I just want to take the lights and put them on a toggle switch, so they only come on when I want them on.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows a convenient spot to pick up the wiring? Ideally maybe at a plug or something, so I can easily put it back to stock operation if I ever feel the need. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance folks.

Re: Interior light wiring question.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:53 AM
I would just disable the switches in the door... then just turn the knob upward next to the blinker switch to turn them on. Most simple and cleanest way to do it.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:56 AM
That was my original plan (as I did the same thing in my old 93 z24)... untill I realized the lights also come on when the ignition is switched off, even without opening the doors.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:48 PM
Gaud wrote:That was my original plan (as I did the same thing in my old 93 z24)... untill I realized the lights also come on when the ignition is switched off, even without opening the doors.

True... darn. I forgot about that, lol.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:49 AM
Put a switch on the white wire going up to the light. Easy as pie.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:36 PM
John Lenko wrote:Put a switch on the white wire going up to the light. Easy as pie.

Thanks, I assume the easiest spot to find it would be behind the a-pillar?

I'll have to take a look tomorrow.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:08 PM
http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch

could get a switch like that and mount it on the lens for the light and tap into the white wire at the bulb socket

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:38 PM
The connector for the light is on the drivers side, I believe behind the a pillar, but could be behind drivers kick panel.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search