6x9 help please - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6x9 help please
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:36 PM
I looked everywhere that I coud think of and I couldnt find anything. I have an 04 LS and I bought some new 6x9's. The factory harnes in the back has 4 wires and my new speaker only has two connections. What wires go to the positive and what wires go to the negitive? Thank you

Re: 6x9 help please
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:44 PM
What kind of 6X9's do you have?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:48 PM
Here's a link you should read.
Rear speaker harness

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:40 PM
kicker ds693
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:50 PM
Stock head-unit?
And did you read the other thread?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:54 PM
brown +
yellow -

darker blue +
lighter blue -
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:53 PM
thanks for that link. I tried that and the speakers still dont sound great so I will have to figure something out. Atleast i know how the wires go now thanks
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:59 PM
If you still are using the stock head-unit then standard coaxial speakers won't work.
The four wires to each speaker need to be hooked up to a separate woofer and tweeter.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:38 PM
no I have a kenwood cd player
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:39 PM
If you're using the factory wiring then you're still running it through the OEM amp.
If you want to bypass it then you have to clip the wires going into the amp from the head-unit and wire your speakers to them.
As Andrey B said, the colors are...

Left speaker -
Brown (+)
Yellow (-)

Right speaker -
Dark Blue (+)
Light Blue (-)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:59 PM
binzer wrote:If you're using the factory wiring then you're still running it through the OEM amp.
If you want to bypass it then you have to clip the wires going into the amp from the head-unit and wire your speakers to them.
As Andrey B said, the colors are...

Left speaker -
Brown (+)
Yellow (-)

Right speaker -
Dark Blue (+)
Light Blue (-)

False. I see no reason as to why you cant use the stock amp with aftermarket headunit and aftermarket speakers. I assume his issue is the separate woofer and tweeter lines, you can still use these the only thing is you have to choose which line you want to use, woofers or tweeters. For a 6x9 most would use the woofer line. Another alternative would be using a speaker system that has remote tweeters. I don't know of the availability of newer similar models, but my Audiobahn 6x9's have the option of remote mounting one of the tweeters, which that could be re wired to the tweeter line.

Or the other alternative, re wire your car or mess with the wires going to the factory amp. I'd stay away from those as much as possible. but to each their own. good luck

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:05 PM
You assume his issue?
Didn't you read the thread?
He already has a set of triaxial that he wants to work with his after-maket head-unit and probably stock wiring.
If he wants to buy new rear speakers then yes, component speakers are the way to go.

So not false.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:43 PM
Yeah I just rigged up the woofers for now and im going to just worry about it later. I want to put a small sub in mabye a 10 so i will worry about the tweeters then. Thanks guys
Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:12 PM
binzer wrote:You assume his issue?
Didn't you read the thread?
He already has a set of triaxial that he wants to work with his after-maket head-unit and probably stock wiring.
If he wants to buy new rear speakers then yes, component speakers are the way to go.

So not false.

yes I read the thread, you can use aftermarket speakers through the factory amp just fine if you pick which way you want to go. bypassing the amp is not needed, that is what i was getting at. my audiobahn's were just an example of what could be done. with a different setup. considering he already has his new speakers, he can hook them up just fine on the woofer line, and possibly add tweeters on the other line in the future.
Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:29 PM
Okey doke.
Sorry I couldn't help then, and glad the OP got 'em hooked up.
I just wonder how they sound feeding the mid-ranges and tweeters only low frequencies...

Ah well...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search