eletrical issue - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
eletrical issue
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:01 AM
my 03 cav has been doing some weird things over the last few months, when driving the fuel and temp gauge stop and restart. then followed by the ebrake light, the security light ,gas light
and a few others will turn on and stay on for the rest of the trip. this does not effect the car in any way but is rather annoying, i also noticed that the turn signals stay lit ... any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks

Re: eletrical issue
Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:51 PM
damaged pcm? try swapping it and see if that helps
Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:39 AM
i do have an extra one laying around, it was from an auto tho so im not sure if that will make a difference, also may have a grounding issue with the cluster?
Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:26 PM
yes, that too, check for resistance of the cluster's ground with multimeter
Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:08 PM
I wouldn't ever start off at something like replacing the bcm...... start simple, check the connections at the cluster.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:11 PM
i knew a guy on cobalt forums who had exactly similar issue as this and his bcm was toast that's why i said what i said.
could also be ground/hot wire faulty connection.
also, trying to find a short circuit could be much harder than just replacing the entire part.
any mechanic will confirm that.
Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:47 PM
I hear issues with the ground wire under the battery all the time. I would start there.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:13 PM
Alright been out of town for a few days thanks for all the comments and suggestions. the guages are now saying error, as they dance around.. im going to take it to gm do a check and see if its throwing any codes... if it isnt ill start with the guages thanks again
Friday, September 30, 2011 10:52 AM
Sounds like you need to replace the cluster itself...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search