new box - Page 4 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new box
Monday, September 19, 2011 3:03 PM
not to mention that most high grade subs are not even designed for sealed enclosures to begin with.
sealed boxes almost are a history

Monday, September 19, 2011 4:44 PM
What if I like my sealed box?

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:03 PM
that's cause you didn't hear the others.
Monday, September 19, 2011 5:32 PM
If this is the kind of person, logic, attitude that is "giving advice" now, I'm out guys. Sorry but this is @!#$ pathetic and down right annoying.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:44 PM
^ who are you talking to, jl?
Monday, September 19, 2011 7:11 PM
You. 100% you.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:38 PM

..... you mention his name then go against everything he has to say about enclosure design, you sir are a f'n noob, seriously stop trying to give advice when you have no knowledge to speak from.....

gosh at least when i was giving nooby advice i could do a 145 with a single 12 and 800 watts.....

click sig for my car audio videos
Monday, September 19, 2011 8:21 PM
buddy, wtf are you even talking about?
you judge sound density level with numbers! if you knew just a little bit more this is not how you measure sound pressure level with that little laptop of yours.
it's the ears that determine the 'loudness' of sound, not some mic you put up on the dash
and what good do you achieve with SPL anyway?
anybody here can hit 150s or even 160s with 100000 watts but will it sound good? that's the whole other question
while i project my speakers to sound certain way in a certain space and in certain manner, all you do is throw a lot of power to sound loud, which ultimately kills the whole idea of music and its transiency. if i wanted i could hit 160s easily with my setup, you see them kids bumping like you everywhere, killing their ears, and thinking they're the sh*t.
honestly, good luck with that
Monday, September 19, 2011 8:39 PM
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:01 AM
Andrey B wrote:not to mention that most high grade subs are not even designed for sealed enclosures to begin with.
sealed boxes almost are a history

you always try to talk about sounding good and you back up everythin you say with spl related responces. no high quality subs work in sealed applications? seriously. you know a high quality spl sub and a high quality sq sub are two diffrent things right? focal, dynaudio, morel, image dynamics, all considered high end sound quality companies all have subs that work in sealed applications. you should just quit this topic while your behind. your making yourself look ignorant.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:04 AM
k, give it a shot, I @!#$ DARE YOU TO HIT 150 db do it. your so noobish you would probly use 10k of power and such just to achieve it. for me to hit 150 db, i only need 1300 watts.... hmmm, lets see im ranked second in my class for MW SPL, and i dont know what im doing... theres a place for people like you, its called best buy, good luck in the future, i wont sit here and be insulted by a person with a 10 year old brain who thinks cause he read somthing some where that he knows what the @!#$ hes doing...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:52 AM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:k, give it a shot, I @!#$ DARE YOU TO HIT 150 db do it. your so noobish you would probly use 10k of power and such just to achieve it. for me to hit 150 db, i only need 1300 watts.... hmmm, lets see im ranked second in my class for MW SPL, and i dont know what im doing... theres a place for people like you, its called best buy, good luck in the future, i wont sit here and be insulted by a person with a 10 year old brain who thinks cause he read somthing some where that he knows what the @!#$ hes doing...

congratulations on ruining your hearing! you've achieved a lot!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:15 PM
Andrey B wrote:
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:k, give it a shot, I @!#$ DARE YOU TO HIT 150 db do it. your so noobish you would probly use 10k of power and such just to achieve it. for me to hit 150 db, i only need 1300 watts.... hmmm, lets see im ranked second in my class for MW SPL, and i dont know what im doing... theres a place for people like you, its called best buy, good luck in the future, i wont sit here and be insulted by a person with a 10 year old brain who thinks cause he read somthing some where that he knows what the @!#$ hes doing...

congratulations on ruining yours too!!! did you know that even listening to your music at your claimed 100 db for more then 5 minutes youve damaged your hearing, even shooting guns will damage your ears, hell a dog barking about 3 feet form you will do it.. oh and even going to a @!#$ movie will dmage your ears. you worry about your ears, and ill worry about mine, if ear damage is what is stopping you from achieving what ive done, then buy a @!#$ set of ear muffs and start @!#$ building. my ears dont hurt, never did hurt and simply work fine or better then yours do im sure...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:43 AM
the whole point is your not going to notice them hurt right now and you wont notice the damage your doing now until its too late. and if you love music it seems a shame to destroy the only things in the world that u can hear music with.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:05 PM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
Andrey B wrote:

congratulations on ruining yours too!!! did you know that even listening to your music at your claimed 100 db for more then 5 minutes youve damaged your hearing, even shooting guns will damage your ears, hell a dog barking about 3 feet form you will do it.. oh and even going to a @!#$ movie will dmage your ears. you worry about your ears, and ill worry about mine, if ear damage is what is stopping you from achieving what ive done, then buy a @!#$ set of ear muffs and start @!#$ building. my ears dont hurt, never did hurt and simply work fine or better then yours do im sure...

you know anton, it would've been too easy, all i'd have to do to hit high #s is build a properly tuned bandpass enclosure with a VERY narrow band from 30 to 50 hz
it'll probably sound like sh*t but it'll be loud
hell, i'll even build 1 just for fun and show you how easy it is to only be loud.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:09 PM
and with only half the power you're using i am sure i can get higher score than you
Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:03 AM
Andrey B wrote:
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
Andrey B wrote:

you know anton, it would've been too easy, all i'd have to do to hit high #s is build a properly tuned bandpass enclosure with a VERY narrow band from 30 to 50 hz
it'll probably sound like sh*t but it'll be loud
hell, i'll even build 1 just for fun and show you how easy it is to only be loud.

ill be waiting.... i will only log on here to check my pm box, if it doesnt recieve a message then it means you have failed to be loud.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:45 PM
alright, a little update for ya..
i did some calculations, took me a couple of hours, and looks like i'll be going with 6th order transmission line bandpass enclosure and 2 10s and no more than 1500 watts of power.
i am still yet to find the subs that'd suit the enclosure, but i can guarantee you that once i am done you'll be surprised how LOUD i'll get with FAAAR less power and smaller subs
Monday, September 26, 2011 10:24 PM
And you'll have a video of you running this and being tested on a TL meter, correct? I mean if you're going to get into a pointless SPL pissing match with Anton, might as well make damn sure we can't doubt it in any way...

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:15 PM
I am not sure why I just read this entire thread... But I do have something that I would like to share with Andrey Click Me!

If my eyes weren't bleeding from trying to decipher your scribble I might care what have you say.

-I drive my car to work-
Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:16 PM
Aren't transmission line enclosures different than bandpass enclosures... Just sayin.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search