installation of remote start on 94 manual 2.2L??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installation of remote start on 94 manual 2.2L???
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:47 PM
i am interested in installing a cheaper remote start system in my 94 manual with a 2.2. i am mostly wanting to start it from inside my house and right outside of work.....so an expensive long range system is not not necessary. has anyone installed a simple system on this car? have any advise on what wires to tap into? any write ups i may have missed in my quick search of the site?

Re: installation of remote start on 94 manual 2.2L???
Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:01 AM
CH wrote:i am interested in installing a cheaper remote start system in my 94 manual with a 2.2. i am mostly wanting to start it from inside my house and right outside of work.....so an expensive long range system is not not necessary. has anyone installed a simple system on this car? have any advise on what wires to tap into? any write ups i may have missed in my quick search of the site?

i have one but have not installed it yet so i cant help there. but there is a WHOLE LOT of wires. but my car does not have any power options so it should cut down on installation time quite a bit. my friend installed one on his jeep last year(no power options) and it took him roughly 5 hours but he is lazy so im sure it could be done in less time
Thursday, October 06, 2011 12:06 PM
if you are going to do a 5 speed car,You Should or i would recommend that you get a remote starter that is made to work on a 5 speed..

I know compustar makes on and i believe polar start also,makes one.

And before you say i am the only one that drives the car i will never leave it in gear..You might not,but at some point this will happen,and you or someone else will push the remote starter button and you will have your car go some place it does not belong.

You will also need to buy a gm bypass module for your car.
Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:54 AM
Estimate 5 hours install for a newbie, maybe more.

Get a PLJX key bypass module.
Buy a Compustar (http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P1WG4-SS.html), it has the best manual transmission mode.

And like Jason Burten said, there is always going to be a chance that you will start the car by accident. So absolutely DO NOT install a remote starter in automatic mode in a manual vehicle.

Saturday, October 08, 2011 7:45 PM
5 hours to connect 15 wires? i don't think so.. i did it in 2.5 and i was taking breaks more than i was working..
most wires that you need are under the dash, just get a print out of color code of the wires you need.

5 speed or auto, shouldn't matter - it'll work regardless. and if you EVER leave it in gear and remote start it - you shouldn't be driving or installing this thing to begin with

i wired mine bypassing safety relay for manual trans and never ever in 3 years did i hit the button if/when the car was in gear.
Saturday, October 08, 2011 8:03 PM
You can get banned for telling people how to bypass the VSS. Telling people to bypass a safety mechanism in a remote start system is pretty much the same thing.

Yeah. 5 Hours. The tech you get might be wrong, you might pick the wrong wires and blow a fuse or something. 5 hours is a reasonable window for someone with zero experience to install it with wiggle room for problems.

It's not a race.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search