sick of the 3.5.....anyone have kick panel enclosures for components in the 1994 era? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sick of the 3.5.....anyone have kick panel enclosures for components in the 1994 era?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:43 PM
i am interested in putting some components in the front of my 1994 cavalier. the 3.5s in the dash just are not cutting it.... i see q logic has the replacement kick panels available to hold 5.25'' components. does anyone have 1st hand experience with these? i am mainly interested in some pics of how it looks on the drivers side. there isnt much room between the kick panel and clutch pedal, so im worried my big hoofs will constantly be rubbing on them. any pics or other info is appreciated.

Re: sick of the 3.5.....anyone have kick panel enclosures for components in the 1994 era?
Monday, October 10, 2011 5:14 AM
they are flimsy. you will have to reinforce them. but should fit fine. as for your feet only you can answer that one. im sure if you spent the money on q-logics and component speakers to go in them you would quickly learn to be careful about where your feet go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: sick of the 3.5.....anyone have kick panel enclosures for components in the 1994 era?
Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:04 PM
These are the Q-logic 6.5" Component kick panels in my 94 Z24 5speed. They took a little bit to get used to, but really weren't a problem besides thinkin about them so not to crush one when getting in and out. They are really thin, and you will need to seal or reinforce them if your expecting perfect sound from them, but with the 6.5 components and a back mounting baffle to them they offered really good sound for my car. You will have to make sure that they fit your speakers, cause the outside size of some speakers is too big to fit in the opening. There was a bit of work getting speakers into them too. I have been very happy with them. (these are charcoal colored)

Everything Louder than Everything else
Friday, October 14, 2011 12:18 PM
protip: Don't put 6.5's in our kicks. Go with 5.25s and seal them with the proper volume.

The problem with 6.5's is that they require more airspace than we can provide, so you lose out on midbass anyway by way of leaking air.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:45 PM
Sounded fine to me, just had to find the right speaker for the space and power them accordingly....(there was a lot more in the car to cover the rest of the range too though.

Everything Louder than Everything else
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search