Nice remote start but for a decent price - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nice remote start but for a decent price
Friday, October 28, 2011 10:09 PM
Hey guys I'm going to be buying a remote start for a 2002 sunfire. Just wondering on anybody's previous experiences the best one to buy for a decent price. Doesn't have power locks or power windows so just something simple. Also I'm sure I'll have to buy something for the passlock. I have never installed one before so just looking for my best options, thanks everybody

Re: Nice remote start but for a decent price
Monday, October 31, 2011 4:23 AM
You'll need a PLJX for the passlock II, and I'm an Omega installer, so I'm partial to the Mars/Excalibur remote starts. The Mars 12 will be perfect, or the RS-240-DP by excalibur.

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:51 AM
viper 5901 bought off amazon.com

just under $300. but I installed it myself (which is NOT easy). and you need an external module to bypass passlock2 for remote start (as was said)

Monday, October 31, 2011 5:19 AM
lol if pj says its not easy you KNOW its not

lol i dont really want to mention this but you did say decent price.. i got a bulldog i think its called from wal-mart for my beretta WAY back in the day. was like $100 iirc and not to bad to install. it did always work and i never had a problem with it you get what you pay for with electronics so remember that...

i got a real nice crime gaurd alarm/remote start for my 98z24 about 4 years ago, had this one professionally installed though hahaha. 2 way pager and i can start the car from about 1/2 mile away if i need to... always works great for me BUT, it was spendy as all hell...

so really up to you i guess. i havent really looked at this kind of stuff in awhile so lanman and pj suggested it thats prolly what i'd look into first.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search