WOOhooo!!! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WOOhooo!!!
Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:23 AM
I got my remote start put on my manual trans yesterday!!

Ugh learning the steps to start this thing is insane lol,

1. Leave foot on brake pedal.
2. Pull up on e-brake
3. open driver door
4..Press any button on the remote
5. Turn off the car

Car remains runing, lock the doors and its ready to be remote started.

* if I leave the door opened in step 3 while I press the button on the remote the car wont shut off when I lock the doors.

Other than that I love this thing.

$309.00 installed. I live in columbus OH and it was supposed to be $259.00 but I had 50.00 more for the stick!!

Re: WOOhooo!!!
Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:05 AM
I love having a garage.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:08 AM
I would of done it myself but wasnt sure about the whole manual trans thing so I just paid for it.

Best buy wanted like 500.00

Columbus car audio said I had to have power door locks lol tried to up sell me stuff I didnt even need

Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:52 PM
i'll pay to have someone do alarms and remote starts. i hate wiring. i got a compustar alarm for my trailblazer. my audio store misquoted the price. told me $500 installed. got it done, manager of the store asked me what they quoted me. i told him $500 bucks. he tells me that was the price of the lower model. the alarm i got cost $500, $700 installed. hands me the keys and says come back if i have any problems. thats a quality store. they ate $200 bucks without any issues.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:58 PM
lol I called and asked them how much she told me 359.00 on the phone I called a few more places and someone else answerd when I called back and told me 259.00. so I got it installed for 309.00 she gave me 50.00 off!

So i'll def go back to this place. well i'm going back monday. they never hooked my lights up to the remote start. So i decided to get power door locks while its there. 60.00 a door isnt bad!

Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:40 PM
sndsgood wrote:i'll pay to have someone do alarms and remote starts. i hate wiring. i got a compustar alarm for my trailblazer. my audio store misquoted the price. told me $500 installed. got it done, manager of the store asked me what they quoted me. i told him $500 bucks. he tells me that was the price of the lower model. the alarm i got cost $500, $700 installed. hands me the keys and says come back if i have any problems. thats a quality store. they ate $200 bucks without any issues.

I work at one of these places. I don't know what it is about the industry, but we usually cut ourselves to make people happy lol.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:28 PM
I don't work at a shop and I do that all the time

But I don't have light bills and employees to pay, so it's not AS bad, but I still cut myself short on labor sometimes to get a sale and keep a customer.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, November 11, 2011 8:58 PM
just by pass the hand brake (-) wire and simply ground it to bare metal and you don't have to go through that safety b/s
just don't leave your car in gear if you plan to remote start it or else it'd take off
Friday, November 11, 2011 9:48 PM
Andrey B wrote:just by pass the hand brake (-) wire and simply ground it to bare metal and you don't have to go through that safety b/s
just don't leave your car in gear if you plan to remote start it or else it'd take off

If it's a decent starter at all (best buy, so I'm guessing Autostart or Viper or a derivative) then that won't work.

Also, don't do that.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:09 AM
bradsk88 wrote:
Andrey B wrote:just by pass the hand brake (-) wire and simply ground it to bare metal and you don't have to go through that safety b/s

If it's a decent starter at all (best buy, so I'm guessing Autostart or Viper or a derivative) then that won't work.

Also, don't do that.

yeah thats just asking for trouble. something like that you do the right way or don't bother doing it. nothing like not taking the right precautions and then leaving it in gear and then starting it one day and having the car jump and hurt some kid who happened to be walking by the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search