What are the options for "upgrading" to power windows? - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What are the options for
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:24 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:drilling rivets out for regulators is exactly why I always suggest using SPAL kit on a manual car... if the motor dies, it'll take me minutes to replace it, not hours.

also, here's an updated picture of my door panel.

just because the pictures i posted above make baby jesus cry.

Dam that looks good

Re: What are the options for
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:26 PM
I bought power regulators... installed them and found the power and grounds are present in the wiring harness regardless the trim level... The door and switch wiring is not. There is a connector behind the drivers side kick panel that a purple or red (cant rememeber which) wire goes into but does not come out of. That is a run only 12v feed for windows, and sunroofs. Since I converted from auto to manual I had a dimmed output from the BCM for lighting to light up the switch when the parking lights are on. All you need to do is ground the switch at G303 (under the threshold panel in the drivers doorway) and pin the 12v power at the kick panel and run two wires to your motors in the doors. Easy peasy...

I even wired in a camaro auto down module so now I have auto down on both front windows.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search