sound deadner/dynamatt - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: sound deadner/dynamatt
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:14 PM
It does. Any particular reason you chose them over the Cascade? Just curious, honestly lol. They're both top notch products.

And again, what are all the over all sound/vibration control goals and what's the budget. I can try and help you buy the right products and in the right volumes so you do it right without buying too much or too little of the wrong product for the need.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:21 PM
i saw the test that second skin did on that audio site and they have all their stuff listed with the prices, where as cascade dont.

mainly the package tray cuz the 6x9s rattle, and the more tipical stuff like the floor of the trunk the 1/4s and this time i wanna do the doors and my roof cuz i noticed when i did the roof in the Beretta it helped get rid of that tin can sound and really made it solid . i desided on the Damplifier pro stuff, i also thought of the spray on stuff to do the underside of the trunk

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:53 PM
You can apply damplifier pro to the underside of the trunk lid as well if you want. Like I said, it sticks amazingly and wont have any issues if you clean the surface and apply it correctly.

If you want to get rid of the "tin can" sound and solidify metal panels and get rid of vibrations, damplifier pro is what you want. I would put a sheet on large floor surfaces to solidify large open sheet metal areas, but i would get some luxury liner pro if you want to get rid of road noise.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:59 PM
road noise im not worryed bout. i actuly have my trunk done with rubberized undercoating so that wont be covered

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:08 PM
Well if you don't care to get rid of road noise, and just adding a good damper to the panels, Damplifier Pro is a great choice.

But just so you know, the reason Cascade doesn't list prices on their site is to support their dealers. A manufacturer is nothing without their dealers. Second Skin sells direct, and also has dealers. As someone who sells car audio products, or even selling anything in general, I find that to be kind of backhanded of them, but they do make a good product none the less.... If you were interested in a quote on any Cascade Audio products, you can let me know. I can get you quotes any time.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:52 PM
ill have to check out the site again , i just did a quicky search of both to get a idea of what they had

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search