Good advice for a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good advice for a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:02 PM
first of all thanks for even looking at this thread I appreciate your help because I am new to audio, just looking to find some advice and a place to install some great audio. I have a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier I just bought, first car looking to get audio in it but no one to trust to find a good deal or the first clue on what to look for. I was originally looking on a thread here called "Toronto Install Shops... " looking for a install shop in the GTA but decided to post my own thread since I wouldn't know what to ask for. I am looking for a deck for a good package which includes a deck, amp, and a sub installed at a place where I can trust. I do live in the GTA and am willing to go almost anywhere as long as service and installation is very trustworthy. Does anyone have any reccomendations on what I should buy for this car?

I'm very unexperienced and I rather may the extra whatever (unless its a very large amount) to get it installed professionally. My goal is to get a package from a reputable car audio company and hope to get a deal on installation since I will be buying a package. Does any one know the size of the deck of the 01 Cavalier to replace it with a DVD/GPS deck and no open space to fit right in?

Re: Good advice for a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:35 PM
first off if your going to put a sub in please get new speakers and at least a little bit of sound deadning. next whats your budget? that will help out a lot. finally since you wanna get everything bought and installed at a shop and your new to car audio i would say as long as you stick to a name brand about middle of the line it should please your needs just fine
Monday, February 14, 2011 6:03 AM
If I am asking to spend 500-600 is that too little? Is it worth going with a bigger budget or is around that price ok for a small car like mine?
Monday, February 14, 2011 6:20 AM
500-600 at a local shop including install wont get you too much imo
Monday, February 14, 2011 1:12 PM
id check with your local car enthusiest website. they will know the shops in your area and know who is good and who is a ripoff.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 14, 2011 1:29 PM
A decent GPS/DVD h.u. is going to be well over the 500-600 range on its own. Add a good set of speakers, sub, and amp to power everything you are looking at a pretty good chunk of change.

Monday, February 14, 2011 7:09 PM
true if your relying on a shop to do all the install there gonna kill you. my suggestion is either try to do some things on your own if you take your time and do some research on it its not that bad. if you really want a shop to do it though you could just do it piece by piece like headunit first then speakers, amp etc
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:55 AM
You have infinite knowledge here on the forums. There's guys (including me) who have been doing installs even before you were born. We can point you in the right directon so that way you can learn how to do it yourself and have the satisfaction that you did it.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:07 AM
damn your right jeff, i have been installing stereos since before he was born. crap im getting old.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:41 AM
Yeah, we are getting old.

Sunday, December 25, 2011 11:45 PM
If you are still looking check out Boss Audio. I got 4 speakers an amp and a capacitor and wiring for under $300. I know what I'm doing so i wired it myself. But go to your local Best Buy to have them install it. If all you want is an amp and a deck and subs then Boss Audio has everything you need. Just don't buy it from their site. Use google shopping to find low prices. It's cheap but great. And if you don't like those decks i'd go to Pioneer or Kenwood. Hope this helps.

Monday, December 26, 2011 8:53 AM
Wow. Boss is a junky low end brand(which is why this Kyle guy who resurrected an old ass thread, said you can get everything from them dirt cheap). If you ever want to have something quality that will last, sound good, and no need to be replaced soon, do NOT go with a brand like Boss. I don't know why someone would bring back a dead thread to tell someone not to save up and do it right, but whatever....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, December 26, 2011 9:50 AM
Because my system works great and isn't crappy and basically I put that there for anyone else who decides to look. So don't hate.
Monday, December 26, 2011 4:01 PM
Not hate. Just prefer to recomendation people to get something good to start instead if something good enough for now that they will either hate later or just won't last.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search