A quick daily driver install. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A quick daily driver install.
Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:00 PM
Well I bought a 2000 Saturn SL1 to get me to work and back. CD player not playing CD's, passenger side speaker blown to bits. It NEEDED to be upgraded.

The install: Had to keep a tight budget as I have too many hobbies going on right now. Simple, hidden, all about the sound and keeping cargo space. This is my DD, I wasn't going for a show car install. It had to take as little space as possible.

The equipment:
-Rainbow SLC265.25NG components
-Rainbow 12" Hammer in sealed box(Rainbows pre-matched set up named the "Stream")
-Soundstream Rubicon RUB4.600 amp to power it all
-Alpine CDA-9886 head unit

The pics:

Amp mounted-

Crossovers mounted-

Tweeters mounted(you can almost see the pass. side mid. Just a round speaker bolted to an MDF ring, so I didn't think to get pics)-

Sub sitting in place, trunk all carpeted up. No more amp or crossovers -

Another tweeter shot-

And the shot right after installation of them, before putting the dash pad back in-

Like I said, nothing special. Just my daily.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: A quick daily driver install.
Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:07 PM
Looks to be the makings of a clean, stealthy install...
Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:13 PM
Thanks man, like I said that was the goal. I have a lot of gear I need to throw in that car from time to time, so I wasn't going to have a big fancy install showing everything off lol. Also looking into a more full grill for when I do fill the trunk.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, November 07, 2011 2:06 PM
could maybe mount some feet on the front of the sub box and flip it so the box points down. clean install. cleaner then allot peoples show installs sadly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 07, 2011 4:23 PM
Haha thanks Jason. That's not a terrible idea although I'm not entirely sold on the idea of down-firing in a trunk.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:39 AM
i was thinking about doing it in my trailblazer just so i didnt have to worry about hitting the sub or banging it up. just have to figure out how much space you need. i believe its something along the lines of enough area in the opening to match the area of the sub itself. it;s either that. or doing a fiberglass enclosure under one of the windows. but i dont know if i wanna go thru all that for this since its just like yours a dd install.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:58 PM
JL how do you like the soundstream rubicon or just soundstream amps in general? Seems like they would be an upgrade from my power acoustiks.

Dave

Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:16 AM
David, I had let my premium membership lapse, so I was out of posts until today. I sent you a PM.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:35 AM
Looks like @!#$.

Never saw you as a Soundstream kind of guy.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:05 AM
For a tight budget they make some decent stuff. Do they hold a candle to the rainbow ipaul4.300 I really wanted? No, but I couldn't afford one at the time.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:07 AM
im not much of a audio guy but very clean install

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:24 AM
Thanks j.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:38 AM
very nice, i love it! but hmmmm, that ground going to be sufficent? i would think going to an existing bolt somewhere much sturdier than the tire well would be best for a ground.... especially with the back side of that screw seeing road grime and debris.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:11 AM
So I was thinking about this the other day. Did you do any time alignment with the tweeters on the dash? If not how do they sound up there? Ive been wanting to take my tweeters up higher (a-pillar or dash) but I dont really have any time alignment to work with.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:11 AM
I have not so much as even touched the imprint module yet and its not bad. I'm sure I can fine tune things much better, but I've got things quite good with no problems or major time into extensive tuning.

And brad, its a washer covering the entire surface of the terminal holding it will thrived bare metal on the unibody chassis in a major part of the structure. Not having an issue with ground at all. And I have pretty good fender liners, so I doubt it sees too much grime. If that ever becomes an issue I can get under there and spray some indercoatng over the underside of the hole/bolt

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:09 PM
"will thrived" seems to be a typo/autocorrect from my phone which should have read "to",..... how the hell?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search