Custom Setup Progress! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom Setup Progress!
Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:23 PM
Alright fellow j-bodiers. Here's the game plan I got going now. 2 Audio Que SDC2.5 10 inch subs. AQ1200D amp. And a whole lotta work. Plan is to start in the morning by moving the spare tire to a rack behind the rear seat, facing the front of the car at an angle and bolt it into a piece of plywood resting on 2x4's along with the jack. (Dad said no to total removal of the spare) Than I will do a false floor lifted about an inch in the spare tire compartement for my amps and have wires go straight down and run them under the floor and the carpet in the car. Than paint the floor black and put led strips in it. Cover it with plexiglass. Than do 1 sub behind each taillight facing eachother. Fiberglass it for a perfect fit and that sand the hell out of it so I can get it painted to either a midnight blue or light green. Than possibly do a black carpet on the unfinished panels and the tire rack or possibly fiberglass over it. Alright I think that's every thing, tell me what you think.

Re: Custom Setup Progress!
Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:09 PM
First problem I see is that the tire is probably not going to fit there. It's bigger than you think.

Friday, December 30, 2011 12:19 PM
Make sure you have adequate ventilation for the amps (pc fans or something) otherwise youre going to heavily shorten their life span.

Im not questioning your abilities or anything but have you done any custom work like this before? It just sounds like a lot of work if you don't know what youre doing and you may end up on over your head really quick.

Ive been doing my own installs on and off since I was 16 and I wouldn't even tackle something that big. The best piece of advice I can give is to start small and learn your way around and learn what works. Read read read. Or you're just going to end up doing the same install all over again in a couple of months.

Friday, December 30, 2011 1:52 PM
The AQ's are picky with their square footage and tuning. Make sure you got that to spec with those bad boys. I should know.. running 1 12" HDC3.

Friday, December 30, 2011 7:35 PM
I got the tire to fit perfectly. Exactly how I wanted to. And I have a good amount done after one day. Here are some pictures..

http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=030-1.jpg

Just page through them.

Plans for tomorrow are to get my false floor in for my amp, rewire for the amp with bigger wire, spray foam behindf the taillghts and under the false floor and to start building my wall behind the spare tire rack. Another busy day.
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:37 PM
As far as the fans go do you think I should put 2 under a lip so they are hidden but wil still work for the amp and then wire them into the power of my amp or a seperate switch?
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:47 PM
Page not found on that link

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, December 30, 2011 7:57 PM
Friday, December 30, 2011 8:25 PM
Steve Emmons wrote:spray foam behindf the taillghts and under the false floor

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Spray foam is rarely a good idea.

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:56 PM
bradsk88 wrote:
Steve Emmons wrote:spray foam behindf the taillghts and under the false floor

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Spray foam is rarely a good idea.

X2... if you spray foam behind the tail lights... how you change the bulbs?? I see no need for it back there anyway.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 12:59 PM
I really think you're overthinking this whole thing...

I just mounted my 2 10's as far back as I could, made a false floor to cover the area in front and mounted my two amps in front of it. All the wiring is hidden underneath, I have access to my spare tire and I even mounted my nitrous bottle in between the two amps for a clean custom setup

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search