putting component speakers in a 2000 sunfire vert - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
putting component speakers in a 2000 sunfire vert
Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:11 PM
I bought a pair of Polk mm6501s and immediately had an idea of what to do. I took out the factory tweeter from the kick panel, sanded down the opening so the polk tweeter could fit (took ages to do this). Then I got my metra adapter so the 6.5" would mount. I already knew that with the adapter, I'd still have to cut an opening so the door panel can snap back on. BUT I realized that the tweeter is where the hole should be. I have no idea what to do now.

Re: putting component speakers in a 2000 sunfire vert
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:17 PM
I would re mount the tweeter in the pillar or if you dnt like make a custom kick panel out of fiberglass yo
Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:19 AM
i mounted the tweeters in the dash in my 98z vert. That piece that always cracks on the cavs.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Can you snap a picture of what is going on? I know for a fact people use the factory tweeter location for aftermarket tweeters. As a matter of fact, Sundownfire has pictures somewhere on here of the Rainbow components I sold him in there and the tweeters mounted in that location.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:16 PM
I thought I heard someone say my name.

With no modification to the tweeter or tweeter pod aside from taking a grille off.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:05 PM
I wanted to ask before. Why DID you take the grill off? Was it needed, or purely for aesthetic reasons?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:40 PM
Which grille? The one on the tweeter or the one in the door? Tweeter was aesthetic. Door was functional and aesthetic. I didnt have a lot of clearance even with a half inch baffle. Idk how you guys are doing 3/4 unless Cavalier doors have more clearance. It also looks sexy seeing those speakers hiding in there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search