Help radio doesn't work right. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help radio doesn't work right.
Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:25 AM
Hi Guys,
Ever since i put in a new stereo in my 05 Sunfire my radio will sometimes not work when i turn on my car. Then when i put in my new Pioneer 8200bt, every time i turn my car on my stereo will turn on for like three seconds and then it will turn off and stay off, but when i turn my car off then back on again it will ALWAYS work the second time. The only other details i have are that the chimes chime very fast when i turn on my car the first time.
If anyone has any ideas of what may be going wrong then please let me know.
PS- i did check my wires and none should be shorting out

Re: Help radio doesn't work right.
Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:34 AM
Maybe your battery. Check your voltage while your car is turned off. Should be between 12 and 13 if I remember correctly. I've had the same issue. After that first crank, it'll charge your battery up enough to have everything work correctly, that's why it'll work the second time. Gotta find out what's pulling the power while your car is off. For me it was bags.

Friday, December 03, 2010 1:05 PM
quickest and easiest thing I would try first is running a new ground wire for the deck. Did you use a module harness?

Saturday, December 04, 2010 6:03 AM
Yes I did use the scosche wiring harness and to add more details, when I plug in my factory stereo, my car works fine
Monday, January 09, 2012 5:41 PM
i have the same issue but it start 1 on 4 atemp and somtime more!! did you resolve it?
Monday, January 09, 2012 11:01 PM
Pioneer deck...... Ground is the first place I would start. Actually, the first place I would start to solve a Pioneer head unit problem is an Alpine or Kenwood dealer, but I'm sure that's not what you want to do

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:19 AM
the radio is not the issu
i will check the ground maybe
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search