pioneer headunit, memory lost everytime car turns on or off. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pioneer headunit, memory lost everytime car turns on or off.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:03 AM
I gotta set the memor of everything everytime i go to drive, Im sitting here trying to figure out the problem. I read on another forum that yellow and red cant be together, but both need constant 12 volts. I have the red & yellow wire spliced together from the headunit to a wire i ran to the wiper fuse...

whats the problem/solution? Need help asap. thanks !!!

btw, its a pioneer headunit

Re: pioneer headunit, memory lost everytime car turns on or off.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:21 PM
kevin Michael wrote:I gotta set the memor of everything everytime i go to drive, Im sitting here trying to figure out the problem. I read on another forum that yellow and red cant be together, but both need constant 12 volts. I have the red & yellow wire spliced together from the headunit to a wire i ran to the wiper fuse...

whats the problem/solution? Need help asap. thanks !!!

btw, its a pioneer headunit

the problem: you hooked it up wrong.

the solution: the yellow needs constant power, the red is switched. right now, the yellow is getting switched.

car audio noob since 1984.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:23 PM
where can I hook the yellow wire into??/ Somehing with constant power... like what? i have been trying a add on circuit fuse tap....

im already throwing stuffff!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:06 PM
i figured it out, had the fuse taps reversed, used the batt/interior light fuse for memory... thanks man!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search