signals flash fast? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
signals flash fast?
Monday, February 20, 2012 1:21 PM
OK so when I got the car the signals were wired flash with the fog lights. So I disconnected that and made the fog lights fog lights again. I taped of the wires that he had added and now my signals blink very fast. Any ideas?

Re: signals flash fast?
Monday, February 20, 2012 6:09 PM
means one (or more) of your turn signals are not working. at night, turn the headlights on, and one side of the turn signals. then walk around the car and see what's flashing. then the other, and see what's flashing again. you'll find something not flashing. then go from there.

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, February 20, 2012 6:21 PM
Oh OK sounds simple enough thx.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:18 AM
OK well.all of my bulbs are good everything is blinking just really fast. So any other thoughts?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:09 AM
Have the bulbs been replaced with LED bulbs? If they are the wrong resistance, it could cause this issue.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:36 AM
someone told me to change the signal flasher. he may have put a bigger flasher on because he added 2 more lights on to the circuit. so when i took the 2 extra lights off the it lessened the load there for making them flash fast. so i just need to change it back to a smaller one.

make any sense? and no they are not LED bulbs.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:18 PM
shanez24 wrote:someone told me to change the signal flasher. he may have put a bigger flasher on because he added 2 more lights on to the circuit. so when i took the 2 extra lights off the it lessened the load there for making them flash fast. so i just need to change it back to a smaller one.

make any sense? and no they are not LED bulbs.

more than likely yes... Your correct.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:17 AM
ok good.

But the car does have mirrors with lights on them, so if i hook them back up then it should slow down as well right?

Cuz when he made the fogs blink he said he took the wires from the mirrors and brought them down to the fogs. I was gonna do it i just couldn't find the wires coming from the mirrors. I'm gonna have to take the plate on the inside of the door behind the mirror off and see where they are.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:09 PM
Generally, no... the mirror lights will not affect signal flash speed. However, given the previous owner's creative interpretation of wiring, it may very well be. I'd first start by putting in the proper flasher and see if that fixes the issue.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:07 PM
blinker fluid

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search