Dc Power Engineering ftw - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Dc Power Engineering ftw
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:51 PM
guess thats what i get for listening to there Facebook post lol

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:15 AM
Yeah, they really didn't even seem to want to work with me at all on price or group discount at all.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:37 PM
Very professional sounding response.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:03 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I asked....we will see what they say.

i hope they agree to do this cause right now for me to get a 270 amp alt im looking at almost $1000 after taxes and shipping...............

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Friday, February 24, 2012 1:57 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Very professional sounding response.

Truth hurts sometimes lol.
Friday, February 24, 2012 2:52 PM
Spitfire wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I asked....we will see what they say.

i hope they agree to do this cause right now for me to get a 270 amp alt im looking at almost $1000 after taxes and shipping...............

Not at all...See my post above.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, February 24, 2012 4:23 PM
So they quote him 1 price, then go back and say they can't even touch anything less than $100 higher than what they quoted him? That to me, makes me not want to deal with a company. I don't care if they spend extra money to make their own custom cases(which they don't NEED. It would benefit them to have an economy level line that might just be a rework inside a factory case), to quote someone a price, then flat out not honor it at all is BS. Bad business, and enough for me to stay away.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:42 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I just received an email back...
DC Power Engineering wrote:Michael,

Unfortunately we can't do anything for the price that they want to pay. The minimum you'd be looking at before we even begin to see if we can do the applications is $389 for an alternator. I apologize. Since everything we do here is custom and not chinese components and custom CNC billet cases we simply can't make enough money to make it feasible.

-----------------------
Thanks,
Kyle Cannon

Direct: (951) 602-5378
Local: (951) 509-5617
Toll Free: (888) 441-0144 Ext: 203
Fax: (951) 509-4517

Added:
Jew the $250 you were quoted....they will not even come close to that price.......

Rob the co-owner has helped me out a lot. Ive spoken with kyle a few times and he is a nice guy. If he misquoted you a price im sure it was a misunderstanding.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:25 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:So they quote him 1 price, then go back and say they can't even touch anything less than $100 higher than what they quoted him? That to me, makes me not want to deal with a company. I don't care if they spend extra money to make their own custom cases(which they don't NEED. It would benefit them to have an economy level line that might just be a rework inside a factory case), to quote someone a price, then flat out not honor it at all is BS. Bad business, and enough for me to stay away.

Thats asking mercedes to produce a geo metro, if you want a geo go to a geo dealership then.

Stephen wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I just received an email back...
DC Power Engineering wrote:Michael,

Unfortunately we can't do anything for the price that they want to pay. The minimum you'd be looking at before we even begin to see if we can do the applications is $389 for an alternator. I apologize. Since everything we do here is custom and not chinese components and custom CNC billet cases we simply can't make enough money to make it feasible.

-----------------------
Thanks,
Kyle Cannon

Direct: (951) 602-5378
Local: (951) 509-5617
Toll Free: (888) 441-0144 Ext: 203
Fax: (951) 509-4517

Added:
Jew the $250 you were quoted....they will not even come close to that price.......

Rob the co-owner has helped me out a lot. Ive spoken with kyle a few times and he is a nice guy. If he misquoted you a price im sure it was a misunderstanding.

Sounds a misunderstanding, what was the question asked for his second response? The first time around it was asked if they could produce for a "cavalier" which is a very broad statement. I'm sure they could produce something small for the 2200 for that price because of the number of cases that fit on it and the fact those cases are mass produced.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:17 AM
BassJunkie wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:So they quote him 1 price, then go back and say they can't even touch anything less than $100 higher than what they quoted him? That to me, makes me not want to deal with a company. I don't care if they spend extra money to make their own custom cases(which they don't NEED. It would benefit them to have an economy level line that might just be a rework inside a factory case), to quote someone a price, then flat out not honor it at all is BS. Bad business, and enough for me to stay away.

Thats asking mercedes to produce a geo metro, if you want a geo go to a geo dealership then.

mercedes makes Smart.

i agree with JL on this.

car audio noob since 1984.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:46 PM

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:07 PM
my point exactly. it's a small, cheaply made car made by a company who also produces many higher end cars.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:24 PM
GM doesn't stay afloat because of their Cadillac and Corvette sales. They stay afloat and are able to offer those higher end cars because they have Cavaliers, Metro's, Aveo's, and Cobalts. I'm simply saying that having a sweet, custom made, machined case is cool and all, but they would make more money(which is the point/goal to any business) if they also did re-winds or stock-case rebuilds/builds for cheaper customers. It's not asking MB to make a Metro, nor is it asking BMW to make a Festiva. it's asking MB to offer a SMART or BMW to make a MINI. They have a wide range of vehicles across a wide range of price ranges and brand names to sell more.

Parts companies do the same, audio companies do the same (See: Rockford and Lightening Audio).

I know they're a small niche company, but to have insanely high prices and not offer ANYTHING for the entry level customer is kinda holding them back from potential money, especially since their name is out there, people would have no problem buying their product IF they could afford it.

And the worst part was having such a conflict of pricing. Prices are prices are prices and that's how it should be. If there's a sale or deal going on, everyone in the company needs to know what it is and when it's over. For one person to give a price quote and then someone else flat out say "we can't come anywhere close to that" is bad business, poor communication, and misleading customers. It just looks unorganized and unprofessional. Those things, quality of product withstanding, drive people away whether you want to believe it or not.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:07 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:GM doesn't stay afloat because of their Cadillac and Corvette sales. They stay afloat and are able to offer those higher end cars because they have Cavaliers, Metro's, Aveo's, and Cobalts. I'm simply saying that having a sweet, custom made, machined case is cool and all, but they would make more money(which is the point/goal to any business) if they also did re-winds or stock-case rebuilds/builds for cheaper customers. It's not asking MB to make a Metro, nor is it asking BMW to make a Festiva. it's asking MB to offer a SMART or BMW to make a MINI. They have a wide range of vehicles across a wide range of price ranges and brand names to sell more.

Parts companies do the same, audio companies do the same (See: Rockford and Lightening Audio).

I know they're a small niche company, but to have insanely high prices and not offer ANYTHING for the entry level customer is kinda holding them back from potential money, especially since their name is out there, people would have no problem buying their product IF they could afford it.

And the worst part was having such a conflict of pricing. Prices are prices are prices and that's how it should be. If there's a sale or deal going on, everyone in the company needs to know what it is and when it's over. For one person to give a price quote and then someone else flat out say "we can't come anywhere close to that" is bad business, poor communication, and misleading customers. It just looks unorganized and unprofessional. Those things, quality of product withstanding, drive people away whether you want to believe it or not.

@!#$ing this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:10 PM

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:07 PM
whoa double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:09 PM

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:32 PM
I see where you're coming from but the problem with expanding is the increase in liabilities, BEP, MO, operating leverage, and a decrease in margin of safety. This is not always a bad thing but with our economy not expanding at this point in time having a company with a high operating leverage is not a good thing. In the future in a time of expansion this may be a good idea, but then it puts you into a tough position when another recession hits. "if it isn't broke don't fix it".

What you're seeing when these companies branch off and offer smaller more affordable products is a defense mechanism. A defense mechanism that is triggered by a recession. The mechanism was set by all the things mentioned above (increased OL, MO, etc) and not being prepared for a recession in the economy which is inevitable. These smaller vehicles do boost sales but not just because they're affordable, the sales are also driven by the green movement and rising gas prices among other things.

With the issue with them "misquoting prices" is the car that was first quoted was a "03 cavalier", it wasn't specified by the original author to be an ecotec engine. These accusations are just shots in the dark without knowing what was sent to receive that second reply . I'll agree that its not the best business conduct but its far from the worst when taking into consideration how vague the messages were when asking for the price. I'm sure they receive their fair share of inquires from tire kickers, especially on facebook. Can't completely blame them for tossing you a price for their most popular cavalier alternator case especially from a one liner message. If the message had contained a few sentences specifically explaining exactly what was wanted this entire thing could have been avoided.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/1996~Chevrolet~Astro-Van~4.3L-V6/8206-185-oem.html that will fit a "cavalier" with a $19.99 harness without even changing the belt. Which is what I'm willing to guess was the basis of their first quote, not everyone is a jbody enthusiast and knows the exactly what year what engine was put in these cars off the top of their heads.

All in all its just a misunderstanding being blown way out of proportion.
Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:42 AM
Are you talking about my request or Jews?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:16 AM
BassJunkie wrote:I see where you're coming from but the problem with expanding is the increase in liabilities, BEP, MO, operating leverage, and a decrease in margin of safety. This is not always a bad thing but with our economy not expanding at this point in time having a company with a high operating leverage is not a good thing. In the future in a time of expansion this may be a good idea, but then it puts you into a tough position when another recession hits. "if it isn't broke don't fix it".

What you're seeing when these companies branch off and offer smaller more affordable products is a defense mechanism. A defense mechanism that is triggered by a recession. The mechanism was set by all the things mentioned above (increased OL, MO, etc) and not being prepared for a recession in the economy which is inevitable. These smaller vehicles do boost sales but not just because they're affordable, the sales are also driven by the green movement and rising gas prices among other things.

With the issue with them "misquoting prices" is the car that was first quoted was a "03 cavalier", it wasn't specified by the original author to be an ecotec engine. These accusations are just shots in the dark without knowing what was sent to receive that second reply . I'll agree that its not the best business conduct but its far from the worst when taking into consideration how vague the messages were when asking for the price. I'm sure they receive their fair share of inquires from tire kickers, especially on facebook. Can't completely blame them for tossing you a price for their most popular cavalier alternator case especially from a one liner message. If the message had contained a few sentences specifically explaining exactly what was wanted this entire thing could have been avoided.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/1996~Chevrolet~Astro-Van~4.3L-V6/8206-185-oem.html that will fit a "cavalier" with a $19.99 harness without even changing the belt. Which is what I'm willing to guess was the basis of their first quote, not everyone is a jbody enthusiast and knows the exactly what year what engine was put in these cars off the top of their heads.

Every single 2003 Cavalier sold in the United States had a 2.2L Ecotec. I don't see the need to specify engine when there were no engine options?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:44 PM
BassJunkie wrote:not everyone is a jbody enthusiast and knows the exactly what year what engine was put in these cars off the top of their heads.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:01 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Are you talking about my request or Jews?

Both depending on which part of the reply you're referring to. Only thing that was really referring to your request is that you didn't post what was sent and only the reply was posted. I'm stating that your request was probably a bit more detailed as to what alternator you were looking for.
Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:12 PM
If I give a year, make, and model that only came with1 engine option to a car part manufacturer, I expect some sort of system in place for them to know what engine is in the car. U don't need to be an enthusiast for that. Your point= out the window

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:34 PM
You're entitled to your opinion.
Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:57 PM
It's not just my opinion, it's business sense. If I sell parts for cars, I should be able to find what parts I sell that work for you based on your vehicle's basic info. If a particular model only has 1 engine option across the board, engine model is not a required field. That's like saying "Hey I need a part for my Corvette" and them replying with "Please specify 2 door or 4 door so we can give you the right price quote"

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, March 02, 2012 10:48 PM
They're a non-mainstream company that doesn't have a tech support team that is based out of india, or a person whos only job is to only answer emails/phones. Why? Because they don't need them, their products have a low failure rate. If you do have an issue you would call because you want something done about it immediately, not send them a one liner message and make them fill in the blanks. The guy that answers your emails is also the guy that builds your alternator so some things may slip through the cracks. He's a machinist, not guy who specializes in customer relations. There's a reason why mainstream companies don't patch you through directly to the engineer when you have an issue, they're book worms not someone who specializes in dealing with customers. If you don't put any effort into your message don't expect any effort in the response when dealing with these types of companies. If you were serious about purchasing then give them a call and there will be zero issues, you have to show some initiative. Send Fi an email that says "BTL recone" and see what kind of response you get, they won't suck your d*ck to get a sale either. Could they look up what you previously bought? Yes. Will they? No. Why? Because they have high quality products that literally sell themselves by word of mouth. These companies are already biting off more than they can chew at this time of year so losing a few "potential" sales doesn't phase them because they're already working at full capacity. If you're butt hurt take your money elsewhere and get a mediocre product, they'll still be around after you get a tube of Preparation H.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search