Which New Radio? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which New Radio?
Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:29 PM
Looking to replace my stock cavalier radio that doesnt have a CD player with a new one but not sure which one to get. Im open to more ideas but ive mostly narrowed it down to the Pioneer DEH-3300UB and the Kenwood KDC-348U radios. They compare pretty similarly which makes it difficult to choose one. Right now im set up with only the base model speakers but may upgrade, i will not go as far as subs though.

Re: Which New Radio?
Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:56 PM
If you get a kenwood, you get an excelon. period. Don't spend money on their china-made, lower model stuff when the excelon units are awesome, still made in japan, and of FAR superior quality.

Also, why "not go as far as subs"? You realize each size/type of speaker is best built for a specific frequency range and you will never get full potential out of any lower frequencies without some sort of dedicated sub. They aren't all just about blasting rap music and rattling windows...

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, April 02, 2012 4:49 PM
I have a Kenwood KDC-HD545U and for the price I got it at (display model, last one in a store at it's closing sale) of $120 ($200 retail) I'd say it was worth it. TBH though I wish I got an Alpine because this deck doesn't have a high pass filter, which blows. My door speakers get too much bass a lot of the time and they can't handle it very well, but the 6x9s in the rear are great. I don't have a dedicated sub.

Alpine SPS-406's in the doors.
Alpine SPS-619's in the rear deck.

This looks really nice and I wish I could change mine out for it...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX395/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X395.html?tp=5684#overview-tab

Monday, April 02, 2012 7:12 PM
Funny I just put that head unit in an 07 Cobalt. Great little unit for the price. The 695 I believe it is has built in bluetooth, if you want to upgrade beyond the 395

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:28 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Funny I just put that head unit in an 07 Cobalt. Great little unit for the price. The 695 I believe it is has built in bluetooth, if you want to upgrade beyond the 395

I really just wish mine had a high pass filter lol. Gonna get a new Alpine with Parrot BT and a HPF.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search